New Fast Reply

Guest Keven Fox

Okay when viewing topics I noticed the new Quick (or Fast) Reply.

I like it, mostly.

I think it's too tall though. I would think it should be at most 2 inches tall until you keep typing or something.
The reason I say this is when I view a post or the last post in a topic I don't see it all that well as it goes right to the fast reply. This would be fine maybe if it wasn't so tall.

Just something I noticed, and felt the need to comment on.

Edit: Nope it isn't too tall, it takes you to the Fast Reply so you don't even see the topic's post.

Also there is still the Quick Edit issue where you used to be able to tab and complete now I cannot. In FACT I cannot even click Complete for some reason, so now I'm doing full edit.

Matt: Quick edit works for me...

Wow Matt that's very cool! (the reason for edit thing)

But QE still doesn't work for me, I'm again in full edit. Using Opera 9.02 if that means anything.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant post within the fast reply box. IE 7 also when you mouseover the control icons you lose skin formation of the fast edit, dosen't happen in FF.

Already noted in the bug tracker, I would get a link but my internet is ungodly slow this morning. :(

edit - here is the link to the bug report (sorrey for the delay, slow internet :( ): http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...mp;bug_cat_id=2

• Management

Cant post within the fast reply box. IE 7 also when you mouseover the control icons you lose skin formation of the fast edit, dosen't happen in FF.

PS: Quick edit also broken. Can't get the curser into the textbox. You have to edit in full editor.

PS: It appears the problems are with IE 7 /All works with FF

1) Fixed
2) Fixed

I had problems earlier with the quick reply box as well. I entered some text and clicked Add Reply and I was told I had to select a post if I wanted it to work.

Odd.

In IE6 it still doesnt work.

EDIT: Seems Matt just uploaded new file, works fine now with no JS errors

Archived