Getting bounced emails!

My forum is getting emails bounced by "Mailchannels" whenever someone is following a topic and I of course get notified by my server host that has occurred. This was happening with 4.7.2.1 and now with 4.7.16

Here is their support response as to why that is happening

If the message ID is missing from a message, that means that the email client or software that was used to generate the message did not generate the message ID, or the message ID was removed for some reason. Such emails are flagged and hence why they are blocked. In general, any email should include the message ID.

Is there any way I can correct this myself? Where would I enter a message ID and what ID number would that be?

Thanks

Thanks Marc,

I have never been in there before so no I have not modified anything there.

Here is the latest response from Mailchannels... so where and what templates do I need to add a "message ID" to? It seems that the only bounced emails are the ones that a member is "following" a topic? All other emails seem to get processed just fine.

"Here, from the logs of the mentioned sender account, as we mentioned earlier, we could see that the emails are not having a proper message ID header.

Since your emails are sent via our IPs email reputation is an important factor. There are high chances that our IPs can get blacklisted as the emails without proper message ID/low reputation may get flagged as spam by the recipient end server filters, which in turn will affect the email deliverability via MailChannels. This is the reason why we ask you to make sure that the message ID headers are added properly. In this case, we can see that the recent emails from this account are delivered fine. However, some of your emails are not assigned with a proper message ID header. Hence I request you to check your MUA/email client settings to find the root cause and rectify it. This will help you resolve the reported content filter block permanently."

In general, from my research, it is possible for an update to be needed to the used plugin or module responsible for the email delivery. Kindly check with the developer to see if it can be done or if needed

I don't believe this is something which we provide and if one is not provided, typically the email service would cover that. Like in an example I just sent through Amazon SES, SES provided the Message-ID header for me as I did not supply it. I have tagged this to a developer to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...