I demand this feature in IPSv5

beats23

Hi, over the years, I have seen a lot of feature requests and suggestions in this thread, and none gets implemented when politely requested. So now I will not ask. I am demanding this change for IPS v5. Make it happen 🙂.

In IPSv4, when an image is uploaded in the forum and across the suite, except for the Gallery app, the EXIF data, including camera and lens specs, is not stored in the database. This makes it impossible for third-party devs to create add-ons which can display the image's EXIF data in the Forums app, Pages app and other places. This simple feature is vital for many who use the IPS suite for photo\image-driven communities. So, can IPS readjust the image uploading software code so it saves the EXIF data in the database for all images that gets uploaded in the whole IPS suite? The aim is to have selected image EXIF data displayed when the mouse is hovered over an image using a tooltip across the whole IPS suite.

Thanks.

Web-link example Image EXIF data displays on mouse hover over image.

Photo example of EXIF data displays on image.

Could contain: Silhouette, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Sunlight

Just so you are aware, whether it be a request, suggestion, or 'demand' they will be treated in the same manner as every other suggestion. Not all suggestions will make the cut, and would depend on whether or not they fit in with what makes sense at the time of development. 

I have to admit to being a little confused by this

In IPSv4, when an image is uploaded in the forum and across the suite, except for the Gallery app, the EXIF data, including camera and lens specs, is not stored in the database. This makes it impossible for third-party devs to create add-ons which can display the image's EXIF data in the Forums app, Pages app and other places.

Surely if such an app was being developed to show exif data that currently doesnt exist, then that capture would be part of the 3rd party application

10 hours ago, Jelly Bellyâ„¢ said:

I'd like the option to be able to remove all exif data, V4.5 already allows us to remove sensitive data but that doesn't go far enough, exif data is irrelevant to a lot of sites and is just extra clutter

https://forum.invisionize.pl/files/file/889-dp42-exif-forum-attachments/

https://forum.invisionize.pl/files/file/890-dp45-exif-gallery-images/

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Surely if such an app was being developed to show exif data that currently doesnt exist, then that capture would be part of the 3rd party application

I have asked three different devs if they could create an EXIF display app, and they all said it was not possible. Today, I found a new dev who said yes, it's possible. Hopefully, I'll have this feature soon.

15 hours ago, beats23 said:

Exif data is irrelevant for you. However, it is very relevant for me and others who use the IPS suite for image-driven communities.

thats why I said it should be optional 😉
At present it can be set to hide sensitive data but in reality that only means geo location which is a start but it doesn't strip other sensitive embedded data

Which is the best solution at this moment? 

I would like to use images and videos of community events to attract people to visit and use my ips website, but... 

1. Storage issue, 

2. Give a try with club gallery, I found that isn't a good UI and not friendly UX. 

Posted (edited)

Heads up for Admins who want to display photo EXIF data by hovering over images posted in the Forums, Pages app, and comments for their photo-driven communities. You can contact the provider @ReyDev , who has created an app that can do it.

Displaying photo EXIF data for photos in a photo/image forum, subconsciously encourages members to upload more photos which means more member engagements 😀.

Could contain: Animal, Food, Invertebrate, Lobster, Sea Life, Seafood, Person

Could contain: Animal, Food, Invertebrate, Lobster, Sea Life, Seafood

Edited by beats23