Combined Fluid View & Redirect Forum/ URL

I have a forum enabled with "Combined Fluid View" containing a child forum and a redirect forum/ URL.

The redirect is not showing up on the right side panel that lists the child forums.

I would have thought the redirect would still be visible (and none selectable) even though it cannot be used for filtering.

For users to see the redirect is available they need to go to the main index page.

Is this correct and by design?

Ted.

I have a different opinion in that if it is important enough to create the redirect, and it shows up in other views, I don't see why it should not be an option to view whilst in fluid view.

It is possible to bastardise the "Show Rules" and add the link in the forum header though this ends up excluding "(xxxx visits to this link)"...

Ted.

2 minutes ago, Teddy Rogers said:

I have a different opinion in that if it is important enough to create the redirect, and it shows up in other views, I don't see why it should not be an option to view whilst in fluid view.

Of course I can only tell you how it works at present. I have reported this internally, as its letting you select it. We should probably either not allow it to be set in the first place or show it somewhere. But that would be for the people who design to decipher 🙂

2 minutes ago, Teddy Rogers said:

It is possible to bastardise the "Show Rules" and add the link in the forum header though this ends up excluding "(xxxx visits to this link)"...

You would of course need customisation in order to achieve this. Its not something i have looked at myself, but Im sure if you employ a developer for this, its achievable.