[THIS SITE] - Grid view - "Mark Forum as Read" doesn't change the icon from unread to read

Something I observed on another site where the grid display is the only option - just tested it on here, and same behaviour

1. Switch to "Grid" view on the Forum index
  2. On a forum that has unread content, click the "Mark Forum as Read" icon
  3. You will observe that the strong effect on the forum title is removed, however the icon doesn't change from unread to read until a refresh is performed.

Tested on desktop versions of Firefox, Edge, Chrome.

I'll upload a video once someone replies to something on here.

Cause appears to be the following:

The markAsRead function in front\mixins\ips.core.table.js searches up up from the clicked link for the closest element with the class .ipsDataItem, and then adds ipsItemStatus_read and removes ipsItemStatus_unread.

That's fine in the traditional view as there it is:

Could contain: File, Text, Page

But in grid view, there's no element with the .ipsDataItem class for it to find:

Could contain: Text, File

Adding the ipsDataItem class to that indicated entry resolves the issue - located in front\index\forumGridItem.phtml

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Instead of adding a CSS class, they could change the JS to look for the [data-forumid] attribute instead. 🤔

I don't really like relying on specific CSS classes, which might get moved (or changed) in a custom theme. Data attributes won't get altered instead.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.