REQ: Discord Integration

With my current discord integration add-on dead I'm in need of a replacement as I'm currently stuck on Invision Community v4.7.12.

My community depends on this integration. This is how people register to my community. This is how I block bots or bad actors from joining our discord. This is how I sync user role permissions, and this is how my discord bot communicates with invision community (API).

I'm hoping someone will take it on and sell to all who want it. If not I can discuss hiring someone to create and maintain this add-on for my website.

2 hours ago, Aiwa said:

Talk to the author and see if they are willing to set it up as an open source repo. If so, I’ll be able to contribute to help get it updated. The original author deserves the credit on their profile, and to set the license, but I can assist.

@SoftwareFactory Has been MIA since August 6, 2023.

3 hours ago, Rick7C2 said:

@SoftwareFactory Has been MIA since August 6, 2023.

You'll need to find some way to get a hold of them. I'd love to help you get it back up and running, for everyone, but no developer can take ownership of someone else's code base. The /dev files must also be available for the resource. 

Your other option is to hire a provider to update the software, specifically for your community. Sadly I'm not up to being hired for custom development. There are plenty of reputable developers in the providers directory.

13 hours ago, Rick7C2 said:

With my current discord integration add-on dead I'm in need of a replacement as I'm currently stuck on Invision Community v4.7.12.

I don't think there are any significant changes between 4.7.12 and 4.7.14 that would break the application. Or have you already tried a test upgrade in another location and verified it doesn't work?

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Kirill Gromov said:

To make it possible to login via Discord, I created this application, while it can't do anything other than login, I'm considering other features of the discord api to include in my application.

Point of advice, keep the login and feature rich portions as 2 separate installable applications. Keeps maintaining the code base faster and easier for both. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...