Stripe - Payment authorised, but not yet captured

Hi,

I have a new client from Brazil (I'm in the UK) who has contacted me to say that he paid for a download yesterday but it is still showing as Pending, even though his card was charged successfully. He is correct so I went to Stripe Dashboard and checked and it shows as "Payment authorised, but not yet captured".

I can see options to capture a payment, but I thought it should be automatic and don't want to have charged him twice.

I've not seen this before and Stripes documentation doesn't find any search results. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm getting this problem again with payments authorised but failing to get captured.
The original attempt shows this in the Stripe dashboard log:

Pending webhook response An uncaptured payment for US$xx.xx was created for 
Pending webhook response A webhook that is subscribed to the event hasn't successfully responded yet

I checked Cloudflare and it is showing as going straight through according to the whitelist rules. I have checked my Apache error and access logs, but there is no sign of the same IP address (that was used by the Stripe user-agent) as in the Cloudflare logs. I tried to do a manual payment from the IPS dashboard twice and it keeps giving an error message.

There was an error processing the payment. Please try a different payment method or contact us for assistance.

Please can you create a ticket and help me permanently resolve this so that payments go through properly?

Many thanks.

3 hours ago, The Old Man said:

have checked my Apache error and access logs, but there is no sign of the same IP address (that was used by the Stripe user-agent) as in the Cloudflare logs. I tried to do a manual payment from the IPS dashboard twice and it keeps giving an error message.

There would be some sign of that IP address in your access logs if it hit your server. If there is no log, you’ll want to confirm with your hosting provider and CloudFlare nothing else is blocking it. 

13 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Thanks, I’ve not found anything yet.

Please can you create a ticket and help me permanently resolve this so that payments go through properly? I’ve got 3 items not going through.

I’m afraid, you would need to ensure they are getting to the first and foremost. Without that, we are unable to assist. 

I have managed to complete the additional transactions, the stripe web hook log shows green ticks but this time nothing happened automatically on my site, so I marked them as paid. 

It all seems a bit flakey. Discussing payment transactions on an open forum isn’t good when I’ve asked for direct contact.

We can certainly move this to a private area but we would need confirmed first that the request is reaching your server. We won’t be of much help in a public or private setting if that is not happening, I’m afraid 🙂