Change the word "Featured" in the badge for featured articles?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

• Solution

But then you would manually have to feature and unfeature records to show them as new. The better options would be to use a custom field to create your custom badge(s).

Here is a tutorial for a multi-badge setup from one field:

https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/ips-community-tips/pages/multi-color-select-box-badges-with-pages-r16/ 

Ok so I ended up using the visual language editor which worked fine for this application, thanks @Marc Stridgen!

On 10/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, opentype said:

That's a great tutorial, thanks for sharing. I just set it up on my blog to be able to have different colors for different badges showing the type of article. 

One question: 

In the field settings, I selected "Allow filtering" but how are you supposed to filter your articles by the field value? I'm expecting to be able to click the badge to filter records but that does not work. 

Edited by David N.

2 minutes ago, David N. said:

In the field settings, I selected "Allow filtering" but how are you supposed to filter your articles by the field value? I'm expecting to be able to click the badge to filter records but that does not work. 

You need to drag the filter widget on a database listing page. That’s what this setting is for. It can’t be tied to the badge display itself without custom coding. 

9 minutes ago, opentype said:

You need to drag the filter widget on a database listing page. That’s what this setting is for. It can’t be tied to the badge display itself without custom coding. 

Thank you. I tried to add the Database Filters widget but it does not display. Is it because my Articles database is not using categories? 

Oh ok, I assumed the front page was a listing page, because the "listing" display option of a field affects the way that field is displayed on the front page. 

So what's a listing page? How do I create one? I looked up the IC guide but couldn't find anything about it. The only mentions of a "database listing page" are referring to the ACP