Force plugin uninstall

Is there a way to force a plugin uninstall? I get an error when trying to uninstall this plugin.

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9832-topic-category-website/

The plugin author replied few month ago but we never found a solution. It appear that he is no longer active.

The error:

Error: Class "IPS\tcw\extensions\core\Uninstall\tcw" not found (0)
#0 /public/system/Application/Application.php(4677): IPS\_Application->extensions()
#1 /public/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1389): IPS\_Application->delete()
#2 /public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#3 /public/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /web/public/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(48): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#5 /public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#6 /public/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Thank you.

The best way would be for the author to correct the error with the uninstall in their application there. If you have reached out to him and the third party application is causing havoc for you, we can take a look at uninstalling it for you but this should be treated as a last case scenario as we can't be doing this in every case, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

The best way would be for the author to correct the error with the uninstall in their application there. If you have reached out to him and the third party application is causing havoc for you, we can take a look at uninstalling it for you but this should be treated as a last case scenario as we can't be doing this in every case, unfortunately.

I sent a new message to the author.

Is it possible to send me the files for the 1.2.2 version? Back in March, he told me that I'm supposed to have a Uninstall folder in applications/tcw/extensions/core/. I don't have this folder on my server.

Maybe I can fix this problem with an older version?

13 minutes ago, Donnie95 said:

I sent a new message to the author.

Is it possible to send me the files for the 1.2.2 version? Back in March, he told me that I'm supposed to have a Uninstall folder in applications/tcw/extensions/core/. I don't have this folder on my server.

Maybe I can fix this problem with an older version?

I’m afraid, that would be up to the author to provide you the files should they wish to. We would not be able to provide you that. 

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

I’m afraid, that would be up to the author to provide you the files should they wish to. We would not be able to provide you that. 

If I remove the plugin files manually and then remove the table from the database you think it will work?

I see that the plugin create 3 tables and add settings in the " core_sys_conf_settings" table too.

Delete the tcw directory in applications. Delete the 3 tables it created; they will start with tcw_. Delete the corresponding records from core_sys_conf_settings and core_sys_lang_words. Probably there will be some orphaned records in other tables but nothing that will make your site be useless.

Go to support tool and rebuild the cache.

Make a backup of filed and database first just in case.

Edited by Adriano Faria

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

You can fix this by editing the applications/tcw/data/extensions.json file in the applications directory.

Replace the files content with:

{
    "core": {
        "Queue": {
            "legacyTopicFields": "IPS\\tcw\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\legacyTopicFields"
        }
    }
}

Thank you, it worked.