How can I upgrade the Invision Community version from 3.4.6 to 4.7.12

You would need to do a manual upgrade. It does need to be mentioned, we no longer support this, so if you are unsure, it may be best to get assistance. However if you want to take a look yourself, the process is

1. Backup fully
  2. Upload a fresh set of files
  3. Upgrade your server to PHP 8
  4. Ensure things match the requirements checker - https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-invision-community-requirements-checker/
  5. Run the upgrader from /admin/upgrade

1 hour ago, Jyoti Rani said:

How can I upgrade the Invision Community version from 3.4.6 to 4.7.12 in another PHP project?

Maybe not much helpful answer but I suggest to start from prayer 😂 faith may help here.. telling you from own experience of upgrading from 3.4.6 and the faith aspect.

Edited by PatrickRQ

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to do a manual upgrade. It does need to be mentioned, we no longer support this, so if you are unsure, it may be best to get assistance. However if you want to take a look yourself, the process is

1. Backup fully
  2. Upload a fresh set of files
  3. Upgrade your server to PHP 8
  4. Ensure things match the requirements checker - https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-invision-community-requirements-checker/
  5. Run the upgrader from /admin/upgrade

I follow this steps, then few fatal errors get occurred which I am not able to solve. Please have a look in a screenshot where it shows an error where we can't do anything.  

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Text, Page, Letter

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned, we no longer provide support for that version unfortunately. Looking at that though, it doesnt look like you are trying to run the upgrader, or have uploaded the files yet.

Actually I am not understanding how to upgrade the invision community which is integrated in another project. separately I had installed the latest invision community project but I want to upgrade where it has been integrated

Edited by Jyoti Rani

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

teraßyte was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

It really depends on how you "integrated" it. 🤨

That said, the code in your screenshot about is from ipsRegistry_setup.php which is a 3.x file and won't work with PHP 8. That file doesn't exist anymore in 4.x.

If you are unsure of how to proceed, the only other option would be to hire someone to deal with the upgrade for you: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

Just look for profiles with the IPS Legacy Upgrades badge.

Edited by teraßyte

2 hours ago, Jyoti Rani said:

Actually I am not understanding how to upgrade the invision community which is integrated in another project.

What project would that be? Regarding the upgrade, ave a look at the section called Manual Upgrade at the following link below.