Error on Registration

Morning,

I have a problem with registration, people just get an error message when they try to register, luckily someone I know spotted this for me. 

TypeError: trim(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, stdClass given (0)
#0 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(406): trim(Object(stdClass))
#1 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(382): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}('6')
#2 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/TextArea.php(119): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->validate()
#3 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Text.php(298): IPS\Helpers\Form\_TextArea->validate()
#4 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(170): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Text->validate()
#5 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(147): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->setValue(true)
#6 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/TextArea.php(66): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->__construct('q_and_a', NULL, true, Array, Object(Closure), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#7 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Text.php(125): IPS\Helpers\Form\_TextArea->__construct('q_and_a', NULL, true, Array, Object(Closure), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#8 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(428): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Text->__construct('q_and_a', NULL, true, Array, Object(Closure))
#9 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(194): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::buildRegistrationForm(NULL)
#10 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(176): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#11 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}(Array)
#12 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(183): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#13 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#14 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#15 /home/myfootb1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/myfootb1/public_html/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log('TypeError: trim...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(231): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(TypeError))
#2 /home/myfootb1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(183): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#3 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#4 /home/myfootb1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/myfootb1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

LOADED HOOKS

Thanks in advance

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thank you, I was able to gain access now. Unfortunately, what I wanted to check did not pan out so I am transferring this to a ticket so we can further investigate. Please watch your email for further correspondence.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question.

When will this be fixed? I only received an email on 30th Jun saying this:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see the problem here and have submitted a fix for review by the rest of the development team for inclusion in a future version.

I still can't get anyone to register as it's still broken. 

Thanks