Trying to set cookies with js onClick, doesn't work on last version...

I noticed that this

ips.utils.cookie.set('cookieName', value, true);

isn't working anymore on the last version, why?

I'm working on a theme and it has a customization panel for background changer and color changer, the script that I'm using rn works just fine on 4.7.6 and so on, but on 4.7.11 the latest version it doesn't work, I need some answers please ASAP.

• Alexandru changed the title to Trying to set cookies with js onClick, doesn't work on last version...
16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is probably the 4.7.11 cookie thing where you need to inform the cookies; not sure how to do with themes.

Following…

A cookie to control colour would probably not be deemed to be 'essential' any way, so be careful not just to specify all cookies in this method because that won't make sense.

1 hour ago, drawncodes said:

isn't working anymore on the last version, why?

When the new Cookie Consent system is enabled, non-essential cookies will not be set unless the end-user has opted in to them. There are a few issues currently with 4.7.11 where some of the JS cookies may be getting blocked if the Cookie Consent is not enabled. We're working on fixes for the reported issues.

Well, thank you. I can’t wait for it to be fixed. I know …

3 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

A cookie to control colour would probably not be deemed to be 'essential' any way

But it’s the only why I could’ve done it, and it’s working like a charm, I have been working on some scripts including ips cookie system, and after 1 and a half month of work I have done it, but now with the new update this is holding me back. If you have another way to do a color changer && background changer which in this case can be saved in a session and be remembered so to say for the members Im happy to hear it. But the script I have done it’s not only working based on cookies, you have to meet some requirements and to have the access granted by the community administration in order to use my customization panel. The administrator can choose who can use the customization panel and who can not, also you have to be logged in, in order for the script to work, i mean it works also as a guest but the administrator has the power to choose who can use it.

anyway, thank you. I will be Waiting for the fix. 

It sounds good, but I think you might be missing my point.

Going forwards if an Administrator chooses to use our Cookie Consent bar, your non-essential cookies won't be saved in the visitors browser unless they specifically opt-in to them. Not all customers will use the cookie consent banner, but for those that will you'll probably want to consider how to handle that.

My point mainly for Adriano was not to just specify all cookies as essential, since that degrades the feature and may cause it to be non-compliant in some locales.