Add users to security group but they do not get access to restricted sub forum

I have 6 users in a security group, that can access a restricted sub forum. I add two more users in and they are unable to view the forum. The security group correctly shows them and a count of 8 members. We have updated everything across our install. I have cleared the cache. Struggling to make sense of what should be a simple action. TIA - Andrew  

39 minutes ago, Joel Lister said:

I have 6 users in a security group, that can access a restricted sub forum. I add two more users in and they are unable to view the forum. The security group correctly shows them and a count of 8 members. We have updated everything across our install. I have cleared the cache. Struggling to make sense of what should be a simple action. TIA - Andrew  

Check: - your subforum option "theme override"-are select theme, or theme "do not override"? - also check your users that you have moved to this group, are if they do not have a preferred theme view.

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:07 PM, Jim M said:

Is this group a primary group, secondary group? Do these new users have other primary or secondary groups? Lot which could influence this which we would require more information on.

Hi Jim

taken me an age to get back to this as I have been elsewhere - their primary group is 'members' as it is for everyone on the forum, we then have subforums, with specific groups, controlling access - so committee sub forum, has group committee - if I make a user a member of the secondary group 'committee' they do not gain access to the sub forum committee - i have two users this impacts, both on the committee - hard to see what's wrong really as all the components seem to be there - i have 7 other members of committee sub group, that have access to the the committee sub forum - thanks