Changing the default color for text

tmcom

Is there any way to change this, tried everything but cannot find any way to change it.

My forum has a light gray background so l prefer a dark default color for the text instead of its present lighter color which is harder to read, thanks.

13 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

Forgot to say, the code is for changing text in posts. If you like to change the text somewhere else then be more specific.

Yes l want the default text in posts to be darker, and can pretty much change all the other fonts using the theme editor, except the default color.

And tried to input this into CSS as a new CSS file and tried to save it, but nothing on my forum changed?

So l am asking do l need to put this in a specific area in order for the script to work?

I will add one more thing. I went to your forum linked in your profile and my rule added temporarily via browser's inspector works fine. But note that in some topics like this one not all text is changed to red:

Could contain: Page, Text, Advertisement, Poster

That is because that specific part of the text has been either repasted from other source (preserving different color definition) or manually "colored" by the poster. Those can't be changed via CSS, the only "solution" is to edit the post to remove extra colors.

To prevent colors being copied you can configure "Paste as Plain text".

Edited by Luuuk

5 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Are you referring to the default colour of text that has been posted and therefore is being viewed, or the text that is displayed in the Editor as you are typing?

No, the text that can be viewed on my forum or its color which isn't true black and as black as it gets is easier to read, but unfortunately the default color option is a grayish black.

5 hours ago, Luuuk said:

I will add one more thing. I went to your forum linked in your profile and my rule added temporarily via browser's inspector works fine. But note that in some topics like this one not all text is changed to red:

Could contain: Page, Text, Advertisement, Poster

That is because that specific part of the text has been either repasted from other source (preserving different color definition) or manually "colored" by the poster. Those can't be changed via CSS, the only "solution" is to edit the post to remove extra colors.

To prevent colors being copied you can configure "Paste as Plain text".

No that is fine, l am only taking about making the text color from "this" to "this"!

So l am not that fussed about a text link more about the forums overall text color.

Or if you click on the "A" here it does the same thing, default is a grayish black and l want the black one which is down the bottom.

9 hours ago, tmcom said:

No, the text that can be viewed on my forum or its color which isn't true black and as black as it gets is easier to read, but unfortunately the default color option is a grayish black.

The easiest way to edit your theme.  

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes

Find your theme and click the edit button for it.  (It should look like a pencil.)

Click on the "Text" tab.  That will let you control the various colors used for text, including links, hovered links, base text, dark text, etc.  

I played around picking some random red/pink colors and had something like this as the output on a default theme:

Could contain: Text, Page, Person, File

The lightest of the grays is "Light text", so I might start with that one and see what that does for you.  Then move onto the links, etc.  

Edited by Randy Calvert