Can I create a group based on completion of a specific profile field?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2023 at 5:41 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

You can,however, use 'Group Promotions' to move a user to a group or add them to a secondary group based on the value of a completed profile field.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this. Can anyone help? Think you!

The reason why I'm trying to do this is to send out bulk mail based on custom profile fields (volunteer signup options for a nonprofit) on a member's profile. It would be even better if I could simply filter which members to send bulk mail to based on their registration and profile custom profile field selections. I thought assigning people to specific secondary groups based on their profile fields might just be an easier work-around but it's definitely less ideal.

26 minutes ago, SWWAP said:

I've been trying to figure out how to do this. Can anyone help? Think you!

You would go to Members->Members->Group promotions, click to add a new rule, then fill in the details that are appropriate to your particular needs on promotions there

42 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would go to Members->Members->Group promotions, click to add a new rule, then fill in the details that are appropriate to your particular needs on promotions there

Thank you. I've been there and looked again but fortunately I'm not finding anything that allows me to promote members based custom profile fields.

Edit: I wonder if this is because I'm using an older version, because I've also read that you can filter your bulk mail based on profile fields and I'm not seeing that either. I'm on v4.4.10.

Edited by SWWAP
Update

20 minutes ago, SWWAP said:

Thank you. I've been there and looked again but fortunately I'm not finding anything that allows me to promote members based custom profile fields.

Edit: I wonder if this is because I'm using an older version, because I've also read that you can filter your bulk mail based on profile fields and I'm not seeing that either. I'm on v4.4.10.

Oof, that is ancient at this point. Would recommend upgrading ASAP.