Scheduled Tasks Not Running

I am not getting an error that scheduled tasks are not running, but I have a very large number of background tasks that appear on the widget on the dashboard. It shows I can run them manually, but I am afraid of what that could do to the board's performance with that many. What are my possible options here to fix this?

No errors are reported in the cronlog (and it is showing it is being executed every minute), the messages log, or the PHP log. I also was able to execute the command that crontab runs manually and it did not produce any errors. I've also set up a log on the cronjob output and checked for output errors from that and nothing. Finally, I also switched it to traffic based and it didn't seem to impact it. 

7 hours ago, josephs8 said:

No errors are reported in the cronlog (and it is showing it is being executed every minute), the messages log, or the PHP log. I also was able to execute the command that crontab runs manually and it did not produce any errors. I've also set up a log on the cronjob output and checked for output errors from that and nothing. Finally, I also switched it to traffic based and it didn't seem to impact it. 

Your problem here is you are doing many thing sat ones and not actually giving them chance to run. If you make a change to correct the issue, you need to leave it 24 hours and dismiss the task. If you know them to be running, the message will not return