Designers mode not synchronising changes in phtml files?

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

The template that has been modified is the one that is in use, in themes/2/

Here's an image of what mobileNavBar.phtml has been modified to on cpanel and also in the advanced editor: 

This is what was added: 

<li class='elMobileNav__discuss'>
        <a href="https://starkest.net/forums/"><i class="fa fa-comments" aria-hidden="true" style="transform: translateY(-1px);"></i></a>
    </li>

<ips:template parameters=" " />
<ul id='elMobileNav' class='ipsResponsive_hideDesktop' data-controller='core.front.core.mobileNav'>
	{{if \count( \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb )}}
		{{if \count( \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb ) == 1}}
			<li id='elMobileBreadcrumb'>
				<a href='{setting="base_url"}'>
					<span>{lang="home"}</span>
				</a>
			</li>
		{{else}}
			{{$i = 0;}}
			{{foreach \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb as $k => $b}}
				{{if $i + 2 == \count( \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb )}}
					<li id='elMobileBreadcrumb'>
						<a href='{$b[0]}'>
							<span>{$b[1]}</span>
						</a>
					</li>
				{{endif}}
				{{$i++;}}
			{{endforeach}}
		{{endif}}
	{{endif}}

<li class='elMobileNav__home'>
		<a href='{setting="base_url"}'><i class="fa fa-home" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>
	</li>
	<li class='elMobileNav__discuss'>
		<a href="https://starkest.net/forums/"><i class="fa fa-comments" aria-hidden="true" style="transform: translateY(-1px);"></i></a>
	</li>

{{$defaultStream = \IPS\core\Stream::defaultStream();}}
	<li {{if !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'discover' ) ) }}class='ipsHide'{{endif}}>
		<a data-action="defaultStream" href='{{if $defaultStream}}{$defaultStream->url()}{{else}}{url="app=core&module=discover&controller=streams" seoTemplate="discover_all"}{{endif}}'><i class="fa fa-newspaper-o" data-item="newspaper" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>
	</li>

{{if !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->restrict_post and \count( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->createMenu() )}}
	<li data-ipsDrawer data-ipsDrawer-drawerElem='#elMobileCreateMenuDrawer'>
		<a href='#'><i class='fa fa-plus'></i></a>
	</li>
	{{endif}}

{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'search' ) )}}
		<li class='ipsJS_show'>
			<a href='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" seoTemplate="search"}' data-class='display--focus-mobile-search'><i class='fa fa-search'></i></a>
		</li>
	{{endif}}

{template="mobileNavBarLinks" app="core" group="ipsfocus" location="front"}
  	{template="mobileNavigationIcon" app="core" group="global" params=""}
</ul>

In the attached photo's it shows the before and after when designer mode is disabled / enabled with the new button there when designer mode is enabled vs not enabled.

Edit: As you can see it doesnt save the changes. Sorry if this is not a simple example. I'm just trying to show how it doesnt apply the changes made in the code after the mode has synced changes.

Could contain: Person

Could contain: Advertisement, Emblem, Symbol, Poster, Person

Edited by Matthew Fay

Oh damn and interesting, no I have not and how would I go about disabling it?

Or is it a feature of my web hosting? 

Here's a picture of my cache in data storage not actually being enabled

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Monitor, Computer Hardware, Screen, Electronics, Hardware, Pc, Computer

Edit: I just disabled "Enable template disk caching" and it not shows up changes. 

Edited by Matthew Fay

Also I wanted to add that I still wanted template disk caching to be turned on to save in website performance. Is there a particular way to still have this enabled but have the changes show up like delete the files in the cache directory featured next to "Enable template disk caching"?

Edit: Could I theoretically delete recent template php files in /uploads/ the cache directory and that would prevent this happening? 

Edited by Matthew Fay

34 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Just a heads up, Designer's Mode should not be ran on a production installation. You should do this on a test installation and then export your theme to your live installation.

Thanks for the heads up, also I resolved my problem. I deleted those files in /uploads/ and it fixed it with this problem.