Users are having trouble getting verification links sent to their email.

I have been having endless reports about users trying to register an account and trying to reset passwords sometimes links being sent to their emails and most of the time they aren't. If/when verification links are sent and the user clicks them, it tells them "You are not awaiting validation for a lost password request." I have no idea what to do or how to fix this issue because it's been a problem a large chuck of users have and continuously report. Website: https://www.rdrp.mp/ So overall two issues: (1) Verification links are not arriving in email inboxes; (2) Resetting password through "Forgot Password" option is being a pain and isn't working when people try to reset their passwords. When you enter new password and submit it says: "Something went wrong" Could contain: Page, Text, Paper

Screenshot_20221115_140546_com.android.chrome.jpg Could contain: Page, Text, Letter

Edited by Thomas Rutherford

Do you have a specific example you can provide us? Are the user's inserting their correct email address? I am seeing a few bounces in your email error log. These look to be gmail account that bounced and testing with my gmail account, I did not having any issues with email delivery or performing validation. Everything worked as expected so we would require a specific example.

Just now, Jim M said:

Do you have a specific example you can provide us? Are the user's inserting their correct email address? I am seeing a few bounces in your email error log. These look to be gmail account that bounced and testing with my gmail account, I did not having any issues with email delivery or performing validation. Everything worked as expected so we would require a specific example.

They have been using their correct email addresses, yes. I force reset everyone's password and I tried resetting my password as well using my email address, and I got the same prompts and errors above. 

Just now, Thomas Rutherford said:

They have been using their correct email addresses, yes. I force reset everyone's password and I tried resetting my password as well using my email address, and I got the same prompts and errors above. 

Unfortunately, I am not having any issues. The link in the email is only valid for 1 hour, was this done after 1 hour after the form was submitted?

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I am not having any issues. The link in the email is only valid for 1 hour, was this done after 1 hour after the form was submitted?

Well no, they aren't clicking the links hours after, they're doing it immediately, and given I had just clicked the link sent to my email and tried to reset password, I got the same errors. It's affecting a large chunk of our users and I can't really tell where the issue lies. Note: It works and changes your password and allows you to log in, but not before seeing a bunch of errors first.

Edited by Thomas Rutherford

12 minutes ago, Thomas Rutherford said:

Well no, they aren't clicking the links hours after, they're doing it immediately, and given I had just clicked the link sent to my email and tried to reset password, I got the same errors. It's affecting a large chunk of our users and I can't really tell where the issue lies. Note: It works and changes your password and allows you to log in, but not before seeing a bunch of errors first.

Are you using GMail's web client interface? What browser are you using when clicking the button?

1 minute ago, Thomas Rutherford said:

Yes I am, and I'm using Chrome.

Not sure if that's good or bad news but I am as well so it is not something specific there. Please ensure you're running the latest release. The only way I have ran into the error is if I clicked the link after it expired or I have completed the process.

13 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

How is your mail being sent?  Is it being sent via PHP or are you using a service like SendGrid?  I noticed that SendGrid's email tracking links could break certain links generated by IPS.  

We're not using SendGrid, we're using 'Invision Community in the Cloud' as the delivery method.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned above, switch off link tracking if you are using sendgrid. If not, we would need the actual link, so we can take a look 

What link are you specifically asking for by the way?