4.7.4 Gallery Navigation Issue

SMen
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Maybe it is isolated to my site only, but in researching the error reported by members browsing, I noticed an issue navigating the Gallery as well.

Regardless of browsing an album or category, the navigation arrows of the Lightbox tend to rotate only 2 or 3 images.  Rather than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,.... etc. It is 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2...

I checked this in my custom theme and the IPS Default theme, as well as three different browsers.   I have no gallery plugins of applications.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Information updated.  Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I enjoy the new updates to the Gallery!  

However, with the update to 4.7.7, the above issue has returned, just as described above.

Member reported issue:  Also with the 4.7.7 update, the image tools:download option now downloads the thumbnail rather than the full-sized image.  Is this by design?  If so, can it be altered to download the original, full-size image?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There isnt actually a lightbox on the latest release. Have you tested this on a default unaltered theme?

The image navigation, picture above with filmstrip navigation below.  Issue is as described above in default theme or third party theme, I am using the term "Lightbox" perhaps inaccurately.  Using navigation arrows results in same issue regardless of theme.  Again, I have no added plugins or apps affecting the gallery.

Issue began (again) with this last update, along with the download issue.

On 2/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, SMen said:

Unfortunately, navigation issue still remains.  Was this for a different issue?

Yes, that was specific to sorting the category/album by Caption or Rating. We have addressed the issue with sorting by recently updated (specifically, when more than one image has the same timestamp). This fix is available via a new patch. It can be installed from the support page of your AdminCP.

.../gallery/ - the pictures scroll instantly! super! but only up to the 5th picture... then it goes around in circles again.

If you view pictures from a category, they refresh the whole page for some reason... and slowly... (in the category the problem with repeating pictures in a circle disappeared - that's good!)
It seems that .../gallery/ runs on ajax, but the images in the categories are updated without it!
Why is the page refreshed?

It's easy to check: you have to open the category and start viewing images... scroll through the window to see half of the picture and click on the next picture button... the page refreshes and goes back to the beginning...

*If you look at the pictures on the home page of the gallery - this effect (refreshing the page) - is not observed.

Edited by LastPlay

5 minutes ago, LastPlay said:

.../gallery/ - the pictures scroll instantly! super! but only up to the 5th picture... then it goes around in circles again.

The gallery index would only show your featured photos. Sounds like you may only have 5 features photos in the gallery.

7 minutes ago, LastPlay said:

If you view pictures from a category, they refresh the whole page for some reason... and slowly... (in the category the problem with repeating pictures in a circle disappeared - that's good!)
It seems that .../gallery/ runs on ajax, but the images in the categories are updated without it!
Why is the page refreshed?

It's easy to check: you have to open the category and start viewing images... scroll through the window to see half of the picture and click on the next picture button... the page refreshes and goes back to the beginning...

Please leave any suggestions in our official Feature Suggestion forum for changes to the product.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The gallery index would only show those marked as feature in it's gallery carousel

I still haven't figured out how to adjust it... But it's not that important!

What is important is why the update of the pictures is so different:
the main gallery page and the view inside the category.
*it's perfect on the main page! smoothly and quickly...

in category - so ..............

1 minute ago, LastPlay said:

What is important is why the update of the pictures is so different:
the main gallery page and the view inside the category.
*it's perfect on the main page! smoothly and quickly...

in category - so ..............

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please leave any suggestions in our official Feature Suggestion forum for changes to the product.

Please create any suggestions in the proper forum so they do not get lost 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please create any suggestions in the proper forum so they do not get lost 🙂 

I got you, where to write! 🙂
But it's strange that you consider it an improvement for future versions and not a bug...

*I'll tell you my opinion - before the gallery update - it worked faster with lightbox (version 4.7.2).

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

The gallery index would only show those marked as feature in it's gallery carousel. Not all your uploaded images

Well, that is somewhat true.  If you do not have any featured images, it loads the last 5 (or whatever number) that were most recently uploaded.  If you feature even 1 image, that behavior disappears.  

Not a thing wrong with it!  Just something to keep in mind.