4.7.4 Gallery Navigation Issue

SMen
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

On 2/21/2023 at 2:05 AM, SMen said:

Well, that is somewhat true.  If you do not have any featured images, it loads the last 5 (or whatever number) that were most recently uploaded.  If you feature even 1 image, that behavior disappears.  

Not a thing wrong with it!  Just something to keep in mind.

I still don't understand what needs to be done?
upload a photo not in a category? (directly to the main gallery page).
What do I need to do to remove this effect or how do I control it?

On 2/21/2023 at 2:05 AM, SMen said:

If you feature even 1 image, that behavior disappears

???

7 hours ago, LastPlay said:

What do I need to do to remove this effect or how do I control it?

I will try to help you.  I believe you are speaking of the image carousel on the main Gallery page:

Could contain: Text

Note the "Featured" tag on the image.  If you choose to feature images, a manual process, then this carousel will scroll through ALL featured images.  If you do NOT feature any images, the carousel will scroll through the last 5 uploaded (most recent) images.

For my purposes, when a member creates a personal album, I select one image in their album to feature.  To feature an image, you open the image, Scroll down to the "Manage Image" drop down menu, select "Feature" to toggle on/off as a featured image.

Could contain: Screen, Computer Hardware, Monitor, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Page, Head, Face

Hope that helps you.....

12 hours ago, SMen said:

Note the "Featured" tag on the image.  If you choose to feature images, a manual process, then this carousel will scroll through ALL featured images.  If you do NOT feature any images, the carousel will scroll through the last 5 uploaded (most recent) images.

👍👍👍