Our Marketplace server received an unexpected response from your community

Hello, 

We have a nonprod IPS installation with a testinstall license in a closed environment. It has access to internet, but it is behind firewall, not accessible from the internet (I think that is the requirement for the -testinstall licenses anyway.)

I can upgrade IPS without any issues, but when I try to login to Marketplace to download my purchased addons, I get this error:

"There was an error authenticating with the Marketplace. Please try again later or contact technical support for assistance.
Our Marketplace server received an unexpected response from your community. Please ensure your community is up to date and web accessible (localhost installations are not supported) and contact technical support if the issue persists. (server_error)"

The test instance is a like-for-like with the production environment, same config + domain (we run the upgrades/rebuilds/etc on the nonprod site, and if it successful, we just copy the db + files to the prod one.)

What is the current best practice to run an internal nonprod IPS and to be able to download my purchases from Marketplace? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, balazsp said:

Will that work even when the test install is configured with the same domain name as the production one?

You would need to use an URL our web servers can access.

1 hour ago, balazsp said:

What source IPs should I open the firewall up for? 

Unfortunately, as we’re in AWS, we cannot provide you with a set number of IPs. If you want to allow a block for AWS, you can do that if you don’t want to allow all traffic. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, balazsp said:

@Jim M

so a test site (with test license) has to be publicly accessible to use the marketplace, when afaik it also cannot be publicly accessible, because of the test license?

You can have it publicly routable, but simply turn the board offline or put up a .htaccess file to password protect it. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

On 11/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, balazsp said:

@Jim M

so a test site (with test license) has to be publicly accessible to use the marketplace, when afaik it also cannot be publicly accessible, because of the test license?

To clarify here, you can of course remove that while you install an application, or (which would make more sense) whitelist *.invisionpower.com and *.invisioncommunity.com from that htaccess. The reality is, you cant access the marketplace if you have something actively preventing that access.

• 1 month later...

@Marc Stridgen Hey Marc, just a follow-up.

I got the same error today. Never had it before. I did move to a new server but the configs are identical. The solution, in my case(I'm using CloudFlare), The TLS Version I'm using currently on CloudFlare is 1.3. (I was using 1.2 on previous server)

Could contain: Page, Text

If I switched to 1.2, problem gone.

Could contain: Text, Page, White Board

Does that mean IPS Marketplace doesn't support TLS 1.3?

Strange cause I just renewed my license yesterday, the license server is reachable from my server.

For anybody using CloudFlare, check your setting!!

Edited by SUBRTX