Notifications not loading

Members are reporting that the notifications aren't loading for some users. Screenshot below of a user on the default theme so it doesn't seem to be theme related.

Could contain: Text, Page, Bird, Animal

This was on iPhone Safari browser but another user explained that it is doing the same thing on an Android Chrome browser.

Weirdly, its working for me on my desktop and mobile. Only AdminCP thing done recently was upgrade to 4.7.3. I've also cleared System Caches and that doesn't fix their issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the application really disabled? What is the full error stack in this case? Where is it trying to load this? I'm asking because we're indeed loading only the notifications of enabled apps for the notifications menu and the notifications table.

/* Limit applications */
$where[] = array( "notification_app IN('" . implode( "','", array_keys( \IPS\Application::enabledApplications() ) ) . "')" );

Just now, Daniel F said:

Is the application really disabled?

According to @GazzaGarratt, it was disabled when upgraded to 4.7.3. Can you confirm it IS disable, @GazzaGarratt?

29 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

let me know if you have FTP access to your server. 10 seconds fix.

IF you don't want to wait for the file review, open applications / tournaments / Sources / Tournaments / Tournaments.php  and find the method getItemsWithPermission. Change it to:

public static function getItemsWithPermission( $where=array(), $order=NULL, $limit=10, $permissionKey='read', $includeHiddenItems=\IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags=0, \IPS\Member $member=NULL, $joinContainer=FALSE, $joinComments=FALSE, $joinReviews=FALSE, $countOnly=FALSE, $joins=NULL, $skipPermission=FALSE, $joinTags=TRUE, $joinAuthor=TRUE, $joinLastCommenter=TRUE, $showMovedLinks=FALSE, $location=NULL )
	{
		$member = $member ?: \IPS\Member::loggedIn();

if ( !$member->isAdmin() )
		{
			$joinContainer = TRUE;
		}

return parent::getItemsWithPermission( $where, $order, $limit, $permissionKey, $includeHiddenItems, $queryFlags, $member, $joinContainer, $joinComments, $joinReviews, $countOnly, $joins, $skipPermission, $joinTags, $joinAuthor, $joinLastCommenter, $showMovedLinks, $location );
	}

Scanner won't flag as incompatible and you can enable the app.

I can try for sure @Adriano Faria but I suppose i'm just conscious that it may not be that and don't want to knock the whole site offline.

@Daniel F I asked the user and that error came from when they selected Show All Notifications, so I don't believe thats root cause of the notifications loading.

I'm waiting on a user thats having the issue to just have 2 minutes of time to see if its one of the Applications causing it. Its definitely not plugins as we checked that this morning.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I think i've updated it crrectly now Marc, hope this helps 🙂