After Update to 4.7.3 - my views doesn't count up

Go to solution Solved by MythonPonty,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I unlocked the background task and was able to run it a few times manually without errors. That should be resolved now as I see views updating now. Please also keep in mind, as you are not using CRON, the background tasks are ran via traffic so if you do not have a lot of traffic, these will be slow to process.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Jim M said:

Please also keep in mind, as you are not using CRON, the background tasks are ran via traffic so if you do not have a lot of traffic, these will be slow to process.

Thanks @Jim M

I've changed the task method by open the url via a cronjob at my server, every minute.

Nothing changed. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

Have you considered upgrading to the latest version, 4.7.4? Maybe that will fix the issue.

Yes, i have upgraded to the latest version. 🙂

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I see you're using a web cron service, have you configured this to run every minute?

Yes @Jim M, my cronjob runs every minute.

Can i do something manually to push this ? That worked very well before i've updated to 4.7.3...

Something happend there !? 

1 hour ago, MythonPonty said:

Yes, i have upgraded to the latest version. 🙂

Yes @Jim M, my cronjob runs every minute.

Can i do something manually to push this ? That worked very well before i've updated to 4.7.3...

Something happend there !? 

Are you receiving any errors in the cron service?

In the ACP, there is a list of tasks.  Those tasks run on different schedules at different intervals.  

Could contain: Page, Text

When the cron is processed, it runs through the list of various tasks.  It looks at when it's next scheduled to run and if that time is in the past, it runs it and updates the next run time to be at the next time defined by the frequency.  If the time has not occurred yet, (meaning the next scheduled run time is still in the future), it skips over it.  

I would first confirm your web cron is actually working.  I would also confirm if it's making remote calls instead of being done locally that your server's firewall is not rate limiting it or blocking it in any way.  (If you're making the request EVERY MINUTE, some firewalls might see that as an attack and try to limit what it can do.)

I would also suggest looking into if your hosting service provides the ability to run cron jobs locally.  It's generally MUCH more reliable than externally triggered crons.  

Yes my cronjob is running well, as a URL call.

At my develop environment (same server), it works well. Just my live community have this problem.

Are there any temporary data which i can delete, so it starts the next task with no data ?!

23 hours ago, Jim M said:

Are you receiving any errors in the cron service?

No, i get no error messages just this message

The task "https://xxx.de/applications/core/interface/task/web.php?key=ab1a3....2abd4070aa" completed successfully in 0 seconds

Url 'https://xxx.de/applications/core/interface/task/web.php?key=ab1a3...2abd4070aa' fetched
Output:
Task Ran

Edited by MythonPonty

• Solution

I did this update manually by myself.

1. First i took a look into the table core_view_update... Result --> nearly 195.000 unprocessed entries.

2. Then i export the table entries into a csv file.

3. truncate the table core_view_update

4. group the entries in my csv file

5. import the grouped entries into my forums_topics table

Result

Could contain: Page, Text

Now i'll check the next days my tasks / cron jobs. At this moment it looked normally