Site goes blank when switching to PHP 8.1

My site works great under PHP 8.0, but when I switch to 8.1 I get nothing but blank pages, contacted my host to look into it, they tried to come up with a solution for several hours this is what I received from them, just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem, or if you may see something that myself and hosting platform has over looked, below is the correspondence I received from my hosting company

Could contain: Text, Page

Sorry, this is fresh install of 4.7.2.1, there are no plugins or apps outside of IPS apps (i.e. forums, calendar etc..)

• 1 month later...

I am trying to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0 and my site just loads a blank page.

I used the current php checker tool and everything has a green tick. But I have to revert to 7.4 for the site to load.

How can I fix this? Or is it ok to stay on 74? There's many warnings telling me to use 8.0 but it kills the site

44 minutes ago, cualupe said:

I am trying to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0 and my site just loads a blank page.

I used the current php checker tool and everything has a green tick. But I have to revert to 7.4 for the site to load.

How can I fix this? Or is it ok to stay on 74? There's many warnings telling me to use 8.0 but it kills the site

Which version of IPS?

1 minute ago, cualupe said:

I just finished manually installing the latest version on hosted server. So the latest version I assume 4.7.3

I’d try the default theme and if that doesn’t work try disabling apps/plugins. 

Theme is easy to try. If it works, it’s a problem with the theme you’re using. 

16 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Can you access AdminCP to look at the log when 8 is enabled?

When 8 is enabled the entire website is just a blank page. I've googled and found a few other people having this issue but found no solution. My web host told me the site is not compatible with php v8 but they aren't very good support agents. Even the IPB installation has a warning telling me to upgrade the php version.

A blank page is indicative of an error which the server is preventing execution of so you will need to review your server error log entries to see what the issue is. If it is an issue with our software, please create a topic and we can assist you. However, please address all server-related issues with your hosting provider. If you have old/outdated third party applications/plugins that you aren't using, please also uninstall those as they likely aren't compatible with PHP 8 and causing issues.