Followed content notification

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello Everybody,

just to be sure, I changed the type of notification for the followed content from "email" to "notification list" then i clicked on "reset members to default preferences"
Does it mean that  ALL members that have chosen in the past the method  "a notification when new content is posted"  and "email" as notification will now receive a notification online on my forum when logged in instead of email?

Riccardo

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It means that all members notification settings in their account settings section will have their default set to the sites default. It will not amend anything they are already following, but all future items would follow the new default

Does this mean that users who follow old content will still receive the email (the old setting) instead of the (new) online notification?

Is it possible to reset all the followed contents by users? 😁

Edited by Riccardo

Yes Marc I'm just talking about immediate notifications:

Method to use for content I follow automatically

--> A notification when new content is posted

--> Notification List

If a user has already chosen "One email per day with all new content from that day"  or "One email per week with all new content from that week"  It's correct they receive email 🙂

Another question please:

Is "Follow topic" in this picture  "immediate notification" ? ( A notification when new content is posted )Could contain: Text, Page, Label

Edited by Riccardo

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Is "Follow topic" in this picture  "immediate notification" ? ( A notification when new content is posted )Could contain: Text, Page, Label

This would go by their setting. I just tested this on a topic here. My notification preferences are set to 1 email and when I enable the "Follow topic" button, it goes by my preference:

Could contain: Text, File, Webpage