How do I Disable or Delete a Theme

How do I disable or delete a theme?  There used to be an option to do this and I can't find it, well it's not where it used to be.  I created a theme quite sometime ago and it is now throwing errors.  

I have ran the support tool and it isn't giving me anyway to update the theme.  I do however have multiple error or the same thing that I think maybe due to this theme.  

Error: Call to a member function stripQueryString() on null (0) #0 /home/p47yo0ghi34d/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(87): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->checkUrl() #1 /home/p47yo0ghi34d/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init() #2 /home/p47yo0ghi34d/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i() #3 {main}

Thanks so much for any assistance you might be able to give.

Edited by rebecah

Customisation->Appearance->Themes

You would click on where it says "Enabled" and it changes to disabled. If you have it set to your default theme however, you would need to switch your default theme first by clicking the edit button on another theme and selecting that as default. This would be the same if you wish to delete it. I believe that may be where you are having issues with disabling, but please let us know if its not.

It didn't help to change the theme I tried changing it to the IPS default then tried making my theme the default and still nothing is there to allow me to disable or delete a theme.  I had also tried adding a new theme to see if I could get rid of that and now I have another theme I don't want of need.  

Could contain: Text, Page, Word

Edited by rebecah

16 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would click on where it says "Enabled" and it changes to disabled.

Themes don't have this setup. You're probably thinking of Applications and Plugins.

2 hours ago, rebecah said:

It didn't help to change the theme I tried changing it to the IPS default then tried making my theme the default and still nothing is there to allow me to disable or delete a theme.

To disable a theme: 

1) Select the theme you want to be the default for everybody. Click the Pencil Icon (Edit) and flip the switch for "Default Front-end Theme?" and click SAVE.

2) On the same theme, click the Down Arrow Icon and select "Set as Members Theme" to force everyone to use this theme.

3) Go to the theme you want to disable, click the Pencil icon to Edit it, and then make it available to no membergroups at all.

To delete a theme:

Follow steps 1 and 2 above to set a new default theme.

3) Go to the theme you want to delete, click the Down Arrow Icon and select "Delete"

Edited by Robert Angle

Thank you so much for your response.  I got rid of my test cop by setting the parent to the default theme...I am not sure why but it disappeared.  I was able to delete the ISP default.  Unfortunately I do not have options except to manage resources.  I am so grateful that you helped me be rid of one of them though.  🙂

I also do not have the option to set all members to the default theme, but I think I did that elsewhere awhile back.  I had issues with my themes before and a very kind support person setup the 4.3 versions for me.

Could contain: Text, Page, Paper

Edited by rebecah

12 hours ago, rebecah said:

I got rid of my test cop by setting the parent to the default theme...I am not sure why but it disappeared.

It looks like you set the "4.3 Default" theme as the parent, as you can see there is an arrow to the left of the name which means it is a parent theme and if you click that arrow, it will expand to show child themes.

12 hours ago, rebecah said:

I also do not have the option to set all members to the default theme, but I think I did that elsewhere awhile back.  I had issues with my themes before and a very kind support person setup the 4.3 versions for me.

The theme "Affinity Summer" looks to be corrupted or otherwise. Something is wrong with this. If it is not in use, we may be able to uninstall it for you. Please let us know. 

I was thinking I would install a clean copy of Invision on my computer and then import the clean theme tables, to replace the one in my current database, as I just can not find any way to get rid of the Affinity and test theme.  I did edit the test them to remove the parent option.  I shouldn't have deleted the main default theme either.  I was thinking the 4.3 was the newest version of the default theme.  I just seem to be making a mess of things.  

I no longer use any theme except the 4.3 default one.  I did add in my custom css from my Affinity theme  to the default theme and it does not seem to be what is causing the problem.  

Thanks so very much for taking the time to answer my question, I greatly appreciate your doing so.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:52 AM, Robert Angle said:

Themes don't have this setup. You're probably thinking of Applications and Plugins.

I blame it being Friday, personally 😄 

On 7/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, rebecah said:

Thanks so very much.  Could you delete the test theme too please?

This appears to have already been deleted. Please let us know if you have any further issues of course