Push notifications missing on settings

Push notifications were working great, but recently a few members have been mentioning that they no longer work. 

I've looked around and can't seem to find the issue. Was this removed as a feature?

When looking at the notification types available - the push notifications is not present like in others images. 

Is there a setting I am missing?   I did find a mention of adding images to the spots in the icons area in appearance - that has been done as well. 

Would like to figure this out as we kind of have been relying on this and now it's not sending. 

Thank you!

Could contain: Text, Page

20 hours ago, Luuuk said:

Hi,

Does ACP > Get Support list any problems related to Push? Have you recently upgraded a PHP version and made sure to re-enable the gmp module?

I will check into this. thank you

20 hours ago, Jim M said:

You'll want to ensure GMP is enabled on your PHP otherwise it will not be available for you to setup.

I'm going to check - I use Dreamhost, so not sure how to enable, but can reach out to support if I get stuck or can't find a tutorial. thanks for the info.

12 minutes ago, Rebecca Jorgensen said:

I'm going to check - I use Dreamhost, so not sure how to enable, but can reach out to support if I get stuck or can't find a tutorial. thanks for the info.

Yes, you'll want to reach out to your hosting provider for assistance. I'm afraid, hosting support is outside our scope of support so how to enable it in PHP would not be something we can assist with.

• 3 months later...

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I just tried in Edge, when I clicked on 'enable in this browser' on the notifications page, a pop up appeared which I accepted to allow notifications then this popped up in the console...

root_framework.js?v=45e5ff21931664975560:852 

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'pushManager')
    at root_framework.js?v=45e5ff21931664975560:852:637

Sorry, I'm getting a bit lost here. I (and my members) want push notifications which I thought would be as easy as clicking 'enable' on the notifications page. Are we crossing wires now or do I need to inform everyone they need to install a PWA before the notifications will work?

Sorry but I've got some push back on this. Our members have been saying that this has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. The only change I've made is a move from php7.4 to 8.1. GMP is installed and enabled, is the error message I'm seeing in the console not the issue rather than anything to do with PWA?

1 minute ago, abetts said:

Sorry but I've got some push back on this. Our members have been saying that this has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. The only change I've made is a move from php7.4 to 8.1. GMP is installed and enabled, is the error message I'm seeing in the console not the issue rather than anything to do with PWA?

If they install the PWA, are push notifications working? I'm afraid, beyond that, we cannot really move forward here as there is not other way to receive push notifications.