Commerce Invoicing

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Is there a way to change the Invoicing numbers?

For example, in my meatspace business, each year starts out with the year then a number of choosing where to start. For example; 2022100 the next invoice would be 2022101 and so on. Next year I want to reset the numbering to reflect that year; 2023100, 2023101etc...

I have looked around the ACP and can see no way to change it. 

Thanks. 

I wouldn’t want to mess with the ID generation by the software. But a small tip: you can quite easily add prefixes or suffixes to it. That’s what I do to clearly identify my various shops and make the identifiers unique. All you need to do is change the language string “invoice_number”. The change will be shown everywhere the invoice number is used. In the ACP and on the invoice print-outs. 

3 hours ago, opentype said:

I wouldn’t want to mess with the ID generation by the software. But a small tip: you can quite easily add prefixes or suffixes to it. That’s what I do to clearly identify my various shops and make the identifiers unique. All you need to do is change the language string “invoice_number”. The change will be shown everywhere the invoice number is used. In the ACP and on the invoice print-outs. 

Dude, you are awesome!