Editor doesn't works

kmk
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi all, I have the last update done. But now I discovered the editor does not to be opened... Anyone have the same problem? 

Example, I try to fill description field from Clubs/edit forum.... Can't. 

But when I go to acp to configure forums descriptions it work fine without that problem. 

IMG_20220205_131309.jpg

Edited by kmk

43 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Do you see any errors in the browser console? Have you rebuild the cache? 

1388992671_Desktop2022-02-0617-13-19.png.6b6cd8864ef918cdb52f66274bb395bc.png

Then I discovered the Block sidebar does not works too, I can drag and drop any widgets....

Edited by kmk

47 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Possibly…. Try disabling video box and the rest of the plugins and test. At minimum videobox needs updated. 🙂

Currenty I don´t have Video box installed....I have desintalled long time ago...

37 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

That's what the message you pasted above is referring to.  🙂  Look at the path in it.  

1834341396_GetSupport2022-02-0617-49-22.

So you might want to click the "View System Log" box to see if that message is just old and from prior to removing it or if the plugin was not removed properly.   What are the most recent current errors?  

Thanks, I think I see something, is Youtube importer has some tasks importing to VideoBox that already removed, in this case how I clean that Logs?

already disble or remove tasks that configured import to VideoBox

Personally before I spent a lot of time trying to fix plugins (which is a good thing to do!), I would try to confirm if they're part of the problem.  Have you tried disabling EVERYTHING (meaning all non-default applications/plugins) and also trying the default skin again?  

That would help you figure out if the problem is in your core board or if it's something related to something added afterwards.  If it happens with everything turned off and the default skin, the IPS support team would need to most likely take a look.  If it suddenly starts working again, you know it's somewhere in the list of things you turned off earlier.  So you can turn them back on one at a time until you find the culprit.  (I would start with EVERYTHING off, and if working, start by enabling the theme again... then test.  Then start with any applications, etc.)

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Given what you are seeing there, I would ask first of all, have you tried reverting the editor to default? Its very likely this will resolve your issue, so please try that first of all.

Hi, please help, I try with disable al plugins and 3rty apps....nothing....clear cache....nothing.

Reverting the editor to default.....nothing....

Before I procee the recent update, all fine...use editor without problem, what I can suspect is AFTER THE IPS UPDATE

@Marc Stridgen could you verify this issue?

31 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please clear your browser's cache. If you're still having issues, please switch your theme to an unmodified theme. Unfortunately, using the unmodified theme, I am not seeing any issues with the editor. It is loading without issue.

Hi @Jim M I even use new browser and new incognito window....editor of front end does not works...I have a new theme create to test it...same result...I try with cellphone, custom theme 3party theme....same result...

022-02-07 14-22-27.png

Clubs / create forum / try to place something in description field, can not....but if I try to create a forum from acp / clubs, without problem.

It seem probleme with these items:

1. Description field of clubs features,

2. Clubs Page that use editor,

3. Block sidebar to put widgets....

My hosting support say:

I was able to recreate the issue and noticed that the following error is being logged in the browser developer console when attempting to edit:

root_framework.js?v=…a8221644326191:1066 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'insertHtml')
at baseController.insertFile (root_framework.js?v=…1644326191:1066:199)
at nr (root_library.js?v=35…221644326191:1:7597)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (root_library.js?v=35…221644326191:1:8025)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (root_library.js?v=35…221644326191:1:1076)
at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (root_library.js?v=35…21644326191:2:43090)
at HTMLDivElement.v.handle (root_library.js?v=35…21644326191:2:41074)
insertFile @ root_framework.js?v=…a8221644326191:1066
nr @ root_library.js?v=35aa8da…:1
(anonymous) @ root_library.js?v=35aa8da…:1
(anonymous) @ root_library.js?v=35aa8da…:1
dispatch @ root_library.js?v=35aa8da…:2
v.handle @ root_library.js?v=35aa8da…:2

However, other than this, I am afraid that I am unable to provide more information, since there are no errors being logged in the website's PHP error_log file that would indicate what is causing it.

Also, to address your initial query, the correct permissions for the files and directories in your domain's document root are the following:

Files - 644
Directories - 755

Let us know if you need any assistance, we are available 24/7.

• Solution
4 minutes ago, kmk said:

Also, to address your initial query, the correct permissions for the files and directories in your domain's document root are the following:

Files - 644
Directories - 755

If you are running suexec or suPHP, this would be writable permissions. If so, you would need to make sure all folders are 755. You can ask your hosting provider to perform this.