Can't Create Support Ticket

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

I just recently renewed my subscription to the forums, and I'm unable to create a support ticket. This is what it says:191785944_ScreenShot2022-01-16at12_25_44PM.thumb.png.f550f79264c21153081a039eeccff720.png

As for my support issue, what are my options for this issue: I have my website CMS which relies on PHP 7.1 and cannot be upgraded to PHP 7.2 or higher, which means I can't use Invision Power Board. Is there a version I can download that has support for PHP 7.1?

Thanks!

• Solution

Indeed our official support is now in this area. There was correspondence sent out on this quite a while ago. Note, if there is private information, we can always create a ticket out of it, dont worry. 

Anyway, on to the issue at hand there. Unfortunately there is no solution I can give you here that will allow you to use an older PHP version for the platform. You would need to reach out to your hosting company to see if you can set different PHP versions in different areas. This can often be done with htaccess files, but it will  depend on your particular hosting

I ended up just installing it on a subdomain and using nginx's virtual hosts feature to specify a different php version

1 minute ago, Joey_M said:

Weird, I wasn't aware that 7.2 was the minimum PHP version. Have you tried proceeding with 7.2 and, then using MultiPHP to drop back to 7.1?

If not, I'm not sure its possible. 😞 

Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea either, will definitely keep that in mind for the future!

1 hour ago, Haxor Gaming said:

Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea either, will definitely keep that in mind for the future!

We wouldn't recommend it, EOL versions of PHP have known security vulnerabilities that may put your data at risk. When we set a new minimum version, we'll also start using new features PHP introduced in that version, it's highly likely it won't work and we would be unable to provide technical support.