Export/import translations for achievements?

Sonya*
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

1. Is there any possibility to export translations for rules and badges? It seems, that exporting function only exports translations for Ranks. No translations for badges and the comments for the reason are exported.
  2. Is it possible to import translations into another community? I have tried to import Ranks and import function has replaced the ranks in English as well.

What I need:

• translate rules, ranks and badges
  • export all translations
  • import all translation in other community (without replacing English)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, Sonya* said:

No translations for badges and the comments for the reason are exported.

While testing this I've noticed a bug with the rank export, but it's not related to the language strings.
That said, I can't reproduce any issue with the badge title. It's being exported and imported for me.
Could you clarify what you mean with comments? Badges don't have any comments?!

On 12/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, Sonya* said:

Is it possible to import translations into another community? I have tried to import Ranks and import function has replaced the ranks in English as well.

Exporting and importing custom language strings is unfortunatly not supported anywhere in our suite.

8 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Could you clarify what you mean with comments? Badges don't have any comments?!

Sorry, I've meant the "Optional public explanation for why this badge was awarded" in Rules.

8 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Exporting and importing custom language strings is unfortunatly not supported anywhere in our suite.

What do you mean by "custom language"? When I download a database in ACP using English, then English strings for database description, fields names etc. are included in database XML file. If I switch to another language in ACP (e. g. German) and export the same database the same way, then I get XML file, that contains German strings for the database. Are these custom strings?

17 hours ago, Sonya* said:

Sorry, I've meant the "Optional public explanation for why this badge was awarded" in Rules.

That's already included in the export.

17 hours ago, Sonya* said:

Are these custom strings?

Nice catch! It's happening for rules, but not for badges and ranks. I have filled a bug report for this.

• 2 weeks later...