Discount code on subscriptions

Go to solution Solved by flashpoint,

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2021 at 11:39 PM, Adam Goodrich said:

Why are we not able to apply vouchers / coupons to subscriptions ? 

I want to drive my existing customer base to subscribe by offering them a time limited incentive... 

Am i missing something ?

Because subscriptions are intentionally a cut down simpler version of a renewable product. If you wish to use these kinds of things, you would use a renewable product

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Because subscriptions are intentionally a cut down simpler version of a renewable product. If you wish to use these kinds of things, you would use a renewable product

Thanks Marc.

It was not clear to me when I was setting this up that it was cut down.

I did spend some time investigating the product renewal system instead.

One thing that I was not sure of is, can product's auto renew without input?

From reading the product pages themselves it appeared that we would have to get the user to manually renew / confirm every month.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:33 AM, Howard L Martinez said:

hello, i want to give discount on this Halloween to my customer i see discount code creating option in products but didn't see in subscription . so how i give subscriber a code for discount when they are subscribing for vip membership . i want to give them 25% discount in these days 

You can do this off the subtotal and it works towards subscriptions. You just can't target a specific subscription like you do a product, just reduce the total amount. 

image.png.5fc7d24634c8d97332f3b69866e8a088.png