Consistent login problems at this site.

For months now I seem to have to login twice before I can finally get access to the site.

I visit invisioncommunity.com and login via existing customer.  I get the following error:

image.png.2b5e6df3a5ac1fcb3223ce37784b604b.png

After a long wait, I get the following error:

image.png.415b3468a2d7233dc4256a1a289a78f0.png

Restarting the login process usually gets me access to the site.  Running Microsoft Edge with "Basic" tracking enabled.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies completely? Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this using Basic tracking in Edge myself with my staff account or client account so wondering if something local is throwing a wrench into the process. If that does not help, do you receive this in other browsers? Please also include the error code if you encounter this again.

I can also confirm this as well, I have noticed it for weeks, I have to refresh it to get the 2FA to pop up, but I get the same error displayed above as well. This only happens to me on IPS website, not my own site. Also using Edge browser when it happens.

9 minutes ago, nodle said:

I can also confirm this as well, I have noticed it for weeks, I have to refresh it to get the 2FA to pop up, but I get the same error displayed above as well. This only happens to me on IPS website, not my own site. Also using Edge browser when it happens.

Please feel free to post the error code if/when you encounter it again.

Microsoft Edge still exhibits the same behavior even after I switched to a different internet provider.

Tablet version of Microsoft Edge Browser works

Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81 works

Firefox 93 works

Opera 80.0.4170.16 requires logging in twice

I've consistently cleared the Edge Browser, Ran Disk Cleanup, and clean all of the files using Wise Disk Cleaner with no change in behavior.

This has also occurred immediately after installing a fresh copy of Win 10 with no tweaking of the Edge browser.

VPN On and Off doesn't seem to have an effect the behavior.

• 1 month later...

It just happened to me now, when I wanted to connect here I got the error message. I had to go over it several times before it worked. I specify that I am talking about here on your site. I took a screenshot with the error code.

1136948499_Capturedcran2021-11-2309_50_44.thumb.png.86d23d338aa3d0a8b62b23c7ef20227e.png

I don't know if this will help you but it was to warn you that the problem had just happened to me too. 😞

• 2 years later...

@Chris Anderson @nodle @scaz

Do any of you still experience this problem?

I have experienced this problem since I migrated to ISP (Cloud) last July. As far as I can tell, most members are unaffected, but a few of us always need to login twice. Once in a blue moon, I can login the first time from the home page, but it nearly always fails and I can only login from the /login page.

I check the system and error logs, but no error is recorded.

I've also experienced intermittent problems with CSRF protection key (error). Typically, I will have some days of problems with CSRF and it then ceases again (for no reason I can tell). I do not know if these issues are potentially connected - but both are unexplained, so I mention this just in case.

Because if the way it works (connecting with a third-party server), the only app I suspect could cause this is Antispam/Cleantalk - do any of you use this? Though, my searches here turn up no mention of common apps which could be the cause of either issue.

On 3/29/2024 at 12:52 PM, Como said:

Do any of you still experience this problem?

Hi @Como

I haven't had this problem for a while. But this problem seems quite random. In any case at present, I have no longer had any problems. I am on the latest ips version. 

If it ever comes back to me I wouldn't hesitate to come and tell you here if you want.

6 hours ago, scaz said:

Hi @Como

I haven't had this problem for a while. But this problem seems quite random. In any case at present, I have no longer had any problems. I am on the latest ips version. 

If it ever comes back to me I wouldn't hesitate to come and tell you here if you want.

Yes, please do. The more data points, the better.

And yes, that both of the problems I detailed above occur randomly, only makes it more difficult to determine the cause. I have disabled addons before, but it made no difference.

Do you use the Antispam/Cleantalk app by any chance?

16 hours ago, Como said:

Do you use the Antispam/Cleantalk app by any chance?

No I don't use this app, but I enable the Spam Defense in the ACP.

Edited by scaz

3 hours ago, scaz said:

No I don't use this app, but I enable the Spam Defense in the ACP.

Thanks, @scaz. My thinking was that since Antispam/Cleantalk app links to their server, it could be intermittent actions occurring at Cleantalk affecting my IPS Cloud installation. So, I can now probably check off Cleantalk being the cause.