Story [Support Topic]

13 minutes ago, Mas Placer said:

When I review a story it takes a few seconds to load and when I open it again the back button to see the previous one does not work, neither on pc nor on android or IOS.

Hi,
what is your website url so i can check it out.

do you have this problem here as well? http://ips.valacoding.com

13 minutes ago, Mas Placer said:

How can I change the language of the "TOUCH TO UNMUTE" message?

I think I forgot to make an option for this. If so, I will definitely add it in the next version. sorry for that

Edited by ReyDev
15 hours ago, ReyDev said:

i checked it out and it works. you have just one video story that is displayed. 

Sorry try again please, now there are three videos. 

As I had commented when I open the story for the first time it works correctly, but when I open it for the second time I cannot go back to the previous videos, only the unmute button works.

32 minutes ago, Mas Placer said:

Sorry try again please, now there are three videos. 

As I had commented when I open the story for the first time it works correctly, but when I open it for the second time I cannot go back to the previous videos, only the unmute button works.

that's right. please add a story by another member and let me know. also disable `Enable seen mode` option and try again.

8 minutes ago, ReyDev said:

that's right. please add a story by another member and let me know. also disable `Enable seen mode` option and try again.

@Mas Placer 
I can see the issue now. the problem just happens when we have just videos in story. I'll definetlly work on it and fix in the next version. Check other modes please (Video with Images or just Images). It works properly in these cases.

thank to mention it and sorry for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you innovate the blocks style? Righ now horizontal style don't provide a good content view 

1. Side Tabs (blosks) 

2. Top space show the block title (green) 

3. We will have 70% of screen space to show content of a block or widget vs by now is limited to the right 👉 left. 

IMG_20211113_164120.jpg

And, if we can make others tabs (make more visible the tab selected) with transparent % better. With this design we will have 85% of screen to show content of a block or section. 

Edited by kmk
22 hours ago, kmk said:

Could you innovate the blocks style? Righ now horizontal style don't provide a good content view 

1. Side Tabs (blosks) 

2. Top space show the block title (green) 

3. We will have 70% of screen space to show content of a block or widget vs by now is limited to the right 👉 left. 

IMG_20211113_164120.jpg

And, if we can make others tabs (make more visible the tab selected) with transparent % better. With this design we will have 85% of screen to show content of a block or section. 

Hi, 
thanks for reporting.
I'll find out a good solution

7 hours ago, kmk said:

Could you enlist all videos and images formats that I can place in the settings? 

in ACP you can add any formats that you want.

6 hours ago, kmk said:

Which is the option that let me choose more than one image at time? I try to create a history, but it just let me choose one picture 

there is no option to add more than one image or video at time. you can just add a video or image at time.

5 hours ago, kmk said:

I need some guide of How To Use, and Guide of How To Set App with performance orientation. 

you can take a look at all settings once carefully. if you have any question just let me know.

So all stories added only can be show up through one member icon? 

What I thinking is that stories can be published as an item separately, so user can use images to explain an event or what they want to show. Example, I want to rent my house, so I will publish a story with 3 images, using the title I can add descriptions for each image. In that story I can give it a title "Rent my house"... Just to confirm if what I explained will be something impossible?? 

IMG_20211115_095530.jpg

6 minutes ago, kmk said:

So all stories added only can be show up through one member icon? 

What I thinking is that stories can be published as an item separately, so user can use images to explain an event or what they want to show. Example, I want to rent my house, so I will publish a story with 3 images, using the title I can add descriptions for each image. In that story I can give it a title "Rent my house"... Just to confirm if what I explained will be something impossible?? 

Are you wanting to create a Story as if it were a "topic"?

Story 1: My house (2 photos)
Story 2: My car (10 photos)

Edited by Hisashi
23 minutes ago, Hisashi said:

Are you wanting to create a Story as if it were a "topic"?

Story 1: My house (2 photos)
Story 2: My car (10 photos)

Yes 

Then in the future I just update the text and link, or change the images... But the same story 

That is my intention to do with this app...throuth this direction, I need suggest these addtions more:

1. Add description field, editor? with that we can make our description more personalized.

2. Currently the title field plus the link funtionality, we can use it as a purchase button, we can Text it "Purchase", and place in Link the address of our store where contain the products catalog and commerce process. Example, in the Rent my house Story, will appear the button Contact Me, user click it will redirect to open a PM. or if have my rent house as a product in my Commerce, I can place in Link the URL so user will redirect to my commerce product.

1 hour ago, kmk said:

The things you said are good ideas and can be fully implemented, but the purpose of this app is to be able to send stories, as there are in other social apps. In fact, the features that I have considered for the updates of this application include sending comments, reactions, number of visits, visitors, likes and all the features that exist in similar applications.

11 minutes ago, ReyDev said:

The things you said are good ideas and can be fully implemented, but the purpose of this app is to be able to send stories, as there are in other social apps.

Did you mean I shouldn't intent use this app to do what I expected? O did you say it can be added as features for next step? Because if it just limited for social sharing and can not contains commerce aspects, in my case it will don't work for me, because if only thinking about the social purpose, my community members use their Meta accounts plus Wechat very well.... 

3 hours ago, kmk said:

Did you mean I shouldn't intent use this app to do what I expected? O did you say it can be added as features for next step? Because if it just limited for social sharing and can not contains commerce aspects, in my case it will don't work for me, because if only thinking about the social purpose, my community members use their Meta accounts plus Wechat very well.... 

You can now use it for commerce aspects as well, such as advertising or something used on social media. I have seen the use of the Story app on the website of some customers of this product or I have customized some items for one of them, but in general, as a product in the marketplace, we try not to deviate from the main purpose of this app, but If we have a request for customization, we will check it.

Great app,

Was waiting for a few versions to clear out the initial bugs before we purchased but very nicely done. That said a few things.

Bugs:

I am really only experiencing one bug.  That is when I view a member's story from their profile, the images seem to be broken. Not sure why but it only occurs when viewing from their profile.

Feature Suggestions:

1. Ability to resize the icon on the widget and have the option to just use the members avatar or the picture from the story.
  2. Ability to edit a story within a specific period of time after it has been published.  Maybe 20 Minutes or so in case you make a mistake
  3. Ability to add more than one image to a story at once.  Maybe add up to a max of 5 images that can be ACP configurable
  4. Is there a way to show on the Activity Feed that someone has posted a story?

@HDiddy

40 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

I am really only experiencing one bug.  That is when I view a member's story from their profile, the images seem to be broken. Not sure why but it only occurs when viewing from their profile.

i checked it out in my website and i didn't see. so please tell me your website URL or share some screenshots from the bugs.

40 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

Feature Suggestions:

1. Ability to resize the icon on the widget and have the option to just use the members avatar or the picture from the story.
  2. Ability to edit a story within a specific period of time after it has been published.  Maybe 20 Minutes or so in case you make a mistake
  3. Ability to add more than one image to a story at once.  Maybe add up to a max of 5 images that can be ACP configurable
  4. Is there a way to show on the Activity Feed that someone has posted a story?

Thank you for your suggestions

I really like these features #1, #3 (Multiple stories with the same settings), #4. I'll add these features in the next versions.

but about #2 ->
This is something that can be easily implemented, but consider a case where someone publishes a story and visitors like or comment on it(these are part of my planned features and will be added). What happens if the story is completely changed to something else, the status of likes, comments, etc.? Should they be removed? What if they are removed and the story changes are not too much? For these reasons, we decided to remove the possibility of editing.In any case, if you have a solution in this regard, we will definitely welcome it.

Edited by ReyDev
3 hours ago, ReyDev said:

but about #2 ->
This is something that can be easily implemented, but consider a case where someone publishes a story and visitors like or comment on it(these are part of my planned features and will be added). What happens if the story is completely changed to something else, the status of likes, comments, etc.? Should they be removed? What if they are removed and the story changes are not too much? For these reasons, we decided to remove the possibility of editing.In any case, if you have a solution in this regard, we will definitely welcome it.

When it comes to Story, it doesn't make sense to have an edit option, it's more logical and safer to delete and post again.

9 hours ago, ReyDev said:

@HDiddy

i checked it out in my website and i didn't see. so please tell me your website URL or share some screenshots from the bugs.

Thank you for your suggestions

I really like these features #1, #3 (Multiple stories with the same settings), #4. I'll add these features in the next versions.

but about #2 ->

For #2 I was thinking around the use case of you published a story and made a spelling mistake or forgot to add a link.  So a small edit Window.  I've seen some sites do edit windows on comments for maybe 3 minutes, which is the time users have to make changes before it is final.  Just a thought though.  In the end it is not some earth shattering feature. LOL

Also I managed to fix the "bug" myself.  To give you some detail in case it happens to anyone else...

This is what we were getting when accessing a members stories from their member profile.  Works fine everywhere else but here is where it blanks out.

image.thumb.png.d60af2fbb9ae12b0b76c81996594883b.png

The fix in our case was changing the storage location in files for Stories to our 3rd Party S3 provider, Vultr.  It was set to the default Amazon storage container.  My assumption is that Stories by default will upload images to whatever is the default location for post.  However the url for the button on the profile might be set to pull the storage location as set in the Files menu in ACP.  You will need to confirm if my assumption is correct.  But as is well now.

Cheers!!