Story [Support Topic]

9 minutes ago, Mark Spieker said:

It seems to make no difference. How did you get yours so big on your sample website? Is there a place where I can set the height of the thumbnails?

Thanks so much

for this

story0015.thumb.png.3bddc60e92772ac3678330987d8138c4.png

use this setting in the widget setting

story0014.png.921baf3ff88223365907ff7619bc025a.png

Hope it helps

Edited by ReyDev
53 minutes ago, Emediate said:

How do I get images to maintain their perspective and not be cropped? I have played with the settings but cannot seem to change anything related to this.

Eg - this image below:

2023-Marketing_Flyer.thumb.jpg.18329bc478fabb9564fdfbb71ec8e7f1.jpg

Shows up like this in Stories:

image.thumb.png.143bd68596afc08906dfd64d812d81f1.png

set the media size type to `contain` or `fill`

story0016.thumb.png.476e9cfb01cc691dcd5b13c9bc996f9b.png

Edited by ReyDev
53 minutes ago, Xaviours said:

Personally I would like to see it where the images they upload get deleted after X amount of time; this way there isnt an abundance of images stored on the server.

the images will be deleted from the DB permenantly. of course you can enable/disable this option 

16 hours ago, Mark Spieker said:

This may have nothing to do with the plugin, but the photos on my stories are low quality even though they are taken from a cell phone. Thoughts?

we don't modify the size, quality, ... of uploaded photos at all. in my opinion upload some photos from another devices and let me know please. send me your websit URL to check it out , if you want.

59 minutes ago, Xaviours said:

I meant automatically, like Instagram does for instance. After 24 hours, they're removed.

I understand what you mean. It now automatically checks every 24 hours and deletes any expired stories.
Due to system resources, I set the time to 24 hours to delete it, because if we check it every minute, it may slow down the site.

there is an anopther option for hiding expired stories for members until they are removed, btw

Edited by ReyDev
2 hours ago, ReyDev said:

I understand what you mean. It now automatically checks every 24 hours and deletes any expired stories.
Due to system resources, I set the time to 24 hours to delete it, because if we check it every minute, it may slow down the site.

there is an anopther option for hiding expired stories for members until they are removed, btw

Ah okay cool! Sorry. Didn't see that there 🙂 Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 8:08 AM, ReyDev said:

do you want to embed this widget on a block of Wordpress content ?!!

Hey! In theory it should be possible using the information below, which works for the regular blocks.
I only wanted to know if this is possible with this application.

25 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

Hey! In theory it should be possible using the information below, which works for the regular blocks.
I only wanted to know if this is possible with this application.

Hi @gabs007

I read the contents and I also watched the video.
Given that the story app has 3 widgets, these widgets are structurally exactly like the forum feed widget (the widget used in the video as a block in WordPress). Therefore, it must be possible to use it.

BTW, for the final confirmation, you can also ask the IPS support whether it is possible to use the widgets of 3rd-party apps in WordPress or not.

Regards

Edited by ReyDev
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, Mark Spieker said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this plugin, it's a wild success so far with my community! Can't wait to see how you improve on such a great pluging. Reactions and commenting would be BOMB!!!

I want to love it, but there's no incentive to members to use it. We had initial use, but then it has died off despite being part of a 150,000+ member community. We really need reactions (maybe even comments) on the stories, as people's need to be liked/noticed/loved is what is the drawcard to features such as this.'

Did that initial success drop off for you too Mark?

You are right. But note that we had to change the structure of the app so that we could add new features to it (Version 1.3.0). This process is still going on. In addition to the things you mentioned, we are considering features such as the number of views, achievement,... . Rest assured we will add new features to it soon.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:42 AM, Emediate said:

I want to love it, but there's no incentive to members to use it. We had initial use, but then it has died off despite being part of a 150,000+ member community. We really need reactions (maybe even comments) on the stories, as people's need to be liked/noticed/loved is what is the drawcard to features such as this.'

Did that initial success drop off for you too Mark?

I'm looking forward to purchasing this feature. But I feel like it's still raw, I've been following the development.

What I look forward to most is a form of monetization.

Edited by Hisashi
  • 1 month later...