Upgrade application / plugins without renewing IPS license?

As I saw a topic in the developers forum (the only result I found by search) said that if a user have expired license, the application and the plugins still available for upgrades,

but right now isn't the case...

image.png.7319e4d5abb63f9f1cdd611e1ee85dc7.png

Why I can't upgrade the application and the plugins which I purchased for separated $ from the IPS store?

Can't understand why IPS system related to not IPSs support but when the issues are not related to IPS system, this is unsupported anyway by the team...

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Stuart Silvester Isn’t this changed? I have a user sending messages to me saying that can’t download marketplace files because his license expired a couple of days ago and support says he can’t download. 

I too currently have a ticket in with support about this. It's currently a bug and will be fixed in 4.6, but for now they'll have to manually add the renewal to pay (if it doesn't show). I'm still waiting on being able to update apps, as I just renewed Quizzes yesterday but still unable to update as yet.

48 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

I too currently have a ticket in with support about this. It's currently a bug and will be fixed in 4.6, but for now they'll have to manually add the renewal to pay (if it doesn't show). I'm still waiting on being able to update apps, as I just renewed Quizzes yesterday but still unable to update as yet.

According to this user, he can’t simply download any paid file, even the ones not expired. 

56 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

According to this user, he can’t simply download any paid file, even the ones not expired. 

As usual, if they submit a ticket we can look into it.

It's likely related to the fact that we changed the policy after our last release which wouldn't allow Marketplace sign ins with expired licenses.

• 8 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 9:07 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

As usual, if they submit a ticket we can look into it.

It's likely related to the fact that we changed the policy after our last release which wouldn't allow Marketplace sign ins with expired licenses.

The issue still persist. Why 6 month past and I still can't upgrade some of the applications / plugins without renewal of the IPS license?

What take so long to change a simple condition function in the code and test it?

image.png.37ba7f9aaffbff7755c4adb7b25ff395.png

Invision Community v4.6.9

5 hours ago, IceCore said:

The issue still persist. Why 6 month past and I still can't upgrade some of the applications / plugins without renewal of the IPS license?

What take so long to change a simple condition function in the code and test it?

If you're asking to download/upgrade apps without an active IPS license, then you're out of luck. We've expressed our views on this and, it isn't changing. Was talked about when 4.5 came out. A small topic here:

The previous issue of not being able to download due to no renewal (of the app) not showing, was fixed.

6 hours ago, IceCore said:

You can continue to upgrade paid resources if their renewal period expires after your license (or they do not have one). You cannot renew a paid resource without an active license.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

You can continue to upgrade paid resources if their renewal period expires after your license (or they do not have one). You cannot renew a paid resource without an active license.

Why is that? the support isn't IPS team responsibility, but the binding of the IPS license is a must...I can't understand the reason. I need an explanation.

Edited by IceCore

On 1/4/2022 at 1:12 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

Our policy (requested and backed by Marketplace authors) is that an active license is required to use the Marketplace. The only exception to this is where you have purchased something, you are still entitled to access it whilst your purchase is active.

If I purchased for an updates renewal for some plugin / app, and IPS license is expired, I can't update the renewals? It sounds legit for you?
If you buy a new phone, and you warranty expired, you need to buy a new phone to update your apps in it?

That comparison doesn’t work at all. A license isn’t a warranty. Software isn’t a physical product, nor is extending a license (with defined digital services) similar to buying a completely new product. 

From a purely practical perspective, what you are asking for is bad idea. Third-party products are built on top of the IPS platform. You need to keep them synced or things will break sooner or later. I just pushed an update last week for one my plugins after IPS made a change in IPS 4.6.9. My update reacts to this change and resolves the created conflict. But if your license is expired and you stay on an older version, it would in fact be the plugin update that would break the product. Long story short: Either keep everything updated or pause all the updates for some time. It’s one of the two. You can’t expect to stay on older versions indefinitely and still keep getting updates for it. The Marketplace is way too small to accommodate the necessary “branched development”.