Almost no content, almost no disk space left

I have done a lot of searching, trying to hunt down the answer to this on my own, but I'm kind of stumped. Then again, I don't actually know what I'm doing, but hey - I never claimed otherwise.

However, even I know that something's not right when we're still just goofing around, testing how we want to set things up, and have next to no content and only a handful of user accounts (all of which belong to the admin team and our socks) and we've somehow used 7.57 of 7.81 of our disk space. That shouldn't be happening with almost no content at all, right? What am I missing? I mean, other than disk space?

Like I said, we have almost no content. There are two files in the File folder. I checked, and the tasks appear to be running, but I'll go back and look specifically at the cleanup task.

I ran the cleanup task, which is set to run daily and appears to be doing so. Running it didn't change the amount of disk space being used.

I don't know what panel you have but most of them will break that down into specifics:

image.png.f1643a30ce8bc8c3dce2e1da19df599b.png

So my databases (I have a few) are taking up 3 gigs of that 138 gigs of dick usage on my server.

What Daniel is asking you @Moonbeam is which one is it in you case?

With my hosting I can actually click on those and get more details:

image.png.be3121482bfcffd4c019e7e04bafc96c.png

For me I know a chunk of it is my systems daily backup that is run by my server (probably about half of it honestly).

Edited by Morrigan

What I'm looking at is the panel in the client area, which... looks even worse today, apparently stating that we've exceeded our allotted disk space, somehow. 

We don't have any email set up yet, as I haven't yet figured out how to accomplish that. We've got nothing on the site that could possibly be taking up this much space.

image.png.da8596780c496d5c42dc0eccafcb8f21.png

• Management
14 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

What I'm looking at is the panel in the client area, which... looks even worse today, apparently stating that we've exceeded our allotted disk space, somehow. 

We don't have any email set up yet, as I haven't yet figured out how to accomplish that. We've got nothing on the site that could possibly be taking up this much space.

I will have a look at your account and get back to you. That does seem abnormally high. I can see on the backend what is specifically using space.

• Management
22 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

Your REST API logs are using 9GB of space. Do you want me to delete them all and turn on pruning?

2 minutes ago, Charles said:

Your API logs are using 9GB of space. Do you want me to delete them all and turn on pruning?

Yes, please. And that is very interesting - I wouldn't have thought we'd have that much in the API logs when we've barely begun building stuff. Good to know, and I'll watch that in the future.

4 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Oh! This is for CIC.

Maybe it'd be nice if we had tagging for CIC related things here when creating threads.

Yes, sorry. Didn't occur to me to even look for such a tag.

• Management
2 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

Yes, please. And that is very interesting - I wouldn't have thought we'd have that much in the API logs when we've barely begun building stuff. Good to know, and I'll watch that in the future.

I think you must have REST API logs enabled to log all activity. You should have a look at those. I pruned it for you.

11 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

Yes, sorry. Didn't occur to me to even look for such a tag.

No worries! Self-hosted sites and CIC sites are going to have completely different troubleshooting paths when dealing with issues outside of the IPS software itself (or sometimes in extending or integrating things). It'd be nice if when posting here, there were a prompt to select what is applicable to the question or issue being asked. @Jordan Invision

Yes, yes it is. It seems to be making multiple calls per minute. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be... I have no way of knowing for sure. But I've watched the pages of logs increase at an alarming rate in the last hour, so I'm thinking that's excessive.