Sell Tickets for Calendar Events

hpcrazy

2 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Could a workaround possibly be to create a product in Commerce for each event and then link to that product in the store in the description of the Calendar entry?

Yes thought about this - but such feature would only make sense when the link to the event which is anounced in the calender would only be sent to those who have bought a ticket. That would be an awsome feature.

I don't use Commerce extensively, but I'd be surprised if you can't set up a mailing list that includes only people who have purchased a given product as a solution for that.

Alternatively, the "product" that you sell could be a download of a PDF with the link/instructions to join that they're given access to upon purchase (if it's something like a known meeting ID in WebEx, etc.)

Thinking a bit more about this, you could create a link only forum that is available/visible only to members in a given usergroup, and set up the product to move a member into that usergroup upon purchase. I guess depending on the number events, this might get unwieldy.

But something else to consider.

So:

1. Create member group for attendees to hpcrazy's virtual birthday bash
  2. Create a forum with access only to those who are members of the group created in #1
  3. Create product in store for ticket to attend that moves members who purchase into the group created in #1
  4. Create a calendar entry and link to the product in the store created in #3
  5. Member sees event in calendar, follows link to purchase tickets, successful purchase moves them into usergroup, they now have access to forum in #2 that has a thread to event or the forum itself is the link

For every Commerce product there is a field you can fill, which will be visible to the customers in client area. You could use that to give the link to the stream. 
However, people might struggle to find that without further instructions. 

If the events aren’t too frequent, I second Paul’s suggestion that you could use temporary member group promotions. If your paying customers are in special secondary group, you can show them blocks, pages, menu entries and so on. You could probably design an entire streaming page just for this member group, which sounds like a good(-looking) solution. 

56 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

I would like to sell the streaming link to all members and in such case of course it would not work.

I'm not sure I understand this. You would add the group as a secondary group, so anyone who is registered on your community could purchase the product. It would not be necessarily limited to people already in a group. Purchasing the tickets adds the secondary group to the existing member, giving them permission to access the working link.

Customization is always an option too though.

39 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I like the idea. I can develop a “purchase ticket to events” so nothing of crazy ideas with 10 steps, just a BUY TICKET in the event view then it’s done. 😀

Exactly like that - available for any group in the forum. Even Guests - they purchase the ticket and then get the link sended automaticly once the event takes place.

1 hour ago, hpcrazy said:

Exactly like that - available for any group in the forum. Even Guests - they purchase the ticket and then get the link sended automaticly once the event takes place.

Something like that:

BPZfXQY.png

Clicking to buy, you'll go to checkout screen.

The price is added when you create/edit the event. A list of people who purchased will be displayed in event view too.  This is the basics; it can have other features too.

So if you want to go ahead with it, send a PM! 👍