Bulk delete from approval queue

18 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

We converted from vBulletin last year.

I suddenly discovered that we got over 17,000 posts all stacked up in the approval queue dating around 2007 onwards.

Anybody got any idea how I can bulk delete these please.

Thanks

If you go to your Mod CP, on the left site under HIDDEN CONTENT select Posts. There you will see an overview list with all the moderated posts. Select all rows per page and you can delete them all by clicking the Trash can icon for delete. Hope it helps.

P.s. It would be best imo, that before you do that, to make first a backup of your database. Hope it helps.

I've had a look – and yes I understand what you have suggested – and in fact I knew that – but the problem is that there are over 700 pages and that means that you have to do do each page individually checking the "all" box at the top for every page.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way of doing the whole lot at one go.

Also, when you check "all" on a page and then go to the next page to check "all" again, the check marks from the first page will disappear. This means that you have to go through the whole process of clicking "all", then going to the delete procedure and then onto the next page and begin it all again – 797 times in our particular case!

I'm amazed that all the old deleted vBulletin data is still there even from 2006.

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I've had a look – and yes I understand what you have suggested – and in fact I knew that – but the problem is that there are over 700 pages and that means that you have to do do each page individually checking the "all" box at the top for every page.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way of doing the whole lot at one go.

You can run a sql query as well, although I would not recommend it doing it that way. Anyways, here is the query if you still want to do it.

DELETE FROM `forums_posts` WHERE queued = -1;

If you want to exclude the first post of the topic, i.e. the topic itself, run this query instead:

DELETE FROM `forums_posts` WHERE queued = -1 AND new_topic = 0;

And do not forget to make a backup of the db first. 

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s what I did last year in a huge database for a client: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/451760-how-to-update-hidden-topics-and-posts-cache/

You can run a query To change the queue state   Instead of removing the posts. 

4 hours ago, Miss_B said:

You can run a sql query as well, although I would not recommend it doing it that way. Anyways, here is the query if you still want to do it.

DELETE FROM `forums_posts` WHERE queued = -1;

If you want to exclude the first post of the topic, i.e. the topic itself, run this query instead:

DELETE FROM `forums_posts` WHERE queued = -1 AND new_topic = 0;

And do not forget to make a backup of the db first. 

Hmmmm .... thar' be dragons ....  :ohmy: !

Thanks for the responses - but I think that I'll leave it  

• 2 years later...