Unread Content Counter

Shouldn’t “Mark site as read” not instantly set the value to zero? It looks like the the unread count still remains for the full cache time, which is rather confusing—looking at the empty “unread page” with the red counter still showing lot’s of unread posts. 

17 hours ago, opentype said:

Shouldn’t “Mark site as read” not instantly set the value to zero? It looks like the the unread count still remains for the full cache time, which is rather confusing—looking at the empty “unread page” with the red counter still showing lot’s of unread posts. 

17 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

it will update probably only after the page reload or visit another page as MARK READ is ajaxed now.

Done but not ajaxed. I can try to ajax it in a future version (depending on how it goes on marketplace) but for now you need to reload or go to another page of the board.

--------------------------------------------------------

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• Reset counter right after mark site read.

942411841_ScreenShot2020-03-14at12_55_45PM.thumb.png.74af5850c8997a6ca6451e1ac16cc204.png

IMG_1738.thumb.jpeg.bc2b753269ce1f9001649abc7cafbdae.jpeg

If anyone wants it to look like mine ....I changed the colors, adjustment mobile alignment and removed the font shading ...

Edit ucc.css

.ucc
{
	display: inline-block;
	background: green;
    color: #ffffff;
	border-radius: 50%;
	padding: 5px;
	width: 34px;
	height: 34px;
	min-width: 25px;
	min-height: 25px;
	line-height: 26px;
	text-align: center;
	font-size: 12px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.uccmobile
{
	display: inline-block;
	background: green;
    color: #ffffff;
	border-radius: 50%;
	padding: 5px;
	width: 34px;
	height: 34px;
	min-width: 25px;
	min-height: 25px;
	line-height: 26px;
	text-align: center;
	font-size: 12px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.ucczero
{
	background: #fafafa;
	color: #808080;
	text-shadow: 0 -1px 1px #ffffff, 0 1px 1px #000000;
}

.ucc:hover
{
  box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 5px #448EAA;
}

On 3/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, jair101 said:

Sounds like a good motivation tool to "clean" the counter by reading the board 🙂 I guess an option to disable it might be useful though, many users will consider it nagging. 

Missed this. I can add an option to show/hide using cookies. Add new columns on members table is a bit overkill to achieve this. 

20 minutes ago, fix3r said:

i still want the counter to go to the activity page

Not sure I follow this.

EDIT: No, you can’t have both. A link points to ONE place only.  And what sense does it makes? You want to mark site read and then to go to a page that will have no results?!? Weird!

If you want to change the link in your install, just edit the template unreadContentCounter or something (away from my PC now) and change it. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

🙂 

“”EDIT: No, you can’t have both. A link points to ONE place only.  And what sense does it makes? You want to mark site read and then to go to a page that will have no results?!? Weird“”

close! i want to see the activity page and all the entires and also have it “mark forums read” 

no big deal we will use it as you have it, just thinking if the count would reset to “0” after you view the activity page would be ideal situation

then again the invision notifications wont clear when you view the content either you still have to click on your alerts to make them go away even if you have seen the content

• 5 months later...

image.thumb.png.374a348fdd2d77a3e2f06174655c5112.png

The same is under my login

13 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

What shows up in the error logs?

Error: Call to a member function query() on null (0)
#0 /var/www/u2865/data/www/l4d2noob.ru/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(32): IPS\Dispatcher\hook697->getUnreadCounter()
#1 /var/www/u2865/data/www/l4d2noob.ru/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\hook697->finish()
#2 /var/www/u2865/data/www/l4d2noob.ru/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

TRACE

#0 /var/www/u2865/data/www/l4d2noob.ru/init.php(988): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}