Unread Content Counter

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

@Adriano Faria an improvement request if possible as per here: 

Summary, when a user in any given forum selects "Mark forum as read", when the page refreshes it will update the forum, but not the unread counter. You need to do an additional refresh for the counter to update. Can it be made so the counter refreshes when the system automatically refreshes the page when marking all items read ?

Many thanks for all your hard work!

6 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

Ahh right. I appreciate you looking into it again to see if it is possible to bring back that behaviour.

The new version is pending since yesterday. It's done.

On 4/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, Vakarian96 said:

Can you make it so that the counter also takes into account ignored topics?

Could contain: File, Webpage

Sorry, it seems I missed this one. Nope, not possible. This is not "Forum" resource and it uses an existing stream to grab the counter.

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The new version is pending since yesterday. It's done.

Sorry, it seems I missed this one. Nope, not possible. This is not "Forum" resource and it uses an existing stream to grab the counter.

Wonderful news! Thanks very much for re-implementing this. I look forward to when it is available. 

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.0 

Enhancement:

• Counter reset when the user clicks on the MARK SITE READ link

Instructions:

Simply install the application and it will take care of everything:

• Will copy the settings
  • Will uninstall the plugin

Thanks! I did just install the new app, but the behaviour is still the same...at least for me. When I mark a forum as read, the page refreshes but the counter does not, the counter only updates when I refresh the page via the browser.

Edited by panzerscope
21 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

When I mark a forum as read, the page refreshes

Just retested it and works fine for me:

Make sure the plugin was uninstalled. This is now an application, so if for some reason the plugin is still installed, it is running the plugin, not the application. After uninstalling the plugin, if that’s the case, go to the app settings and choose the groups.

Edited by Adriano Faria
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Just retested it and works fine for me:

Make sure the plugin was uninstalled. This is now an application, so if for some reason the plugin is still installed, it is running the plugin, not the application. After uninstalling the plugin, if that’s the case, go to the app settings and choose the groups.

I can only assume it is something on my site then that possibly interferes. I have made sure the plugin no longer exists and I have made sure all the group settings are correct for the application, however I still have to manually refresh the page for the counter to update. 

I am referring to the this site where this application is being used : https://extremehw.net/

I note in your video you are clicking on "Mark Site As Read", I am trying to use the "Mark Forum As Read" function.

If I use the "Mark Site As Read" the application functions correctly. Can we make it do the same for Mark Forum As Read" ?

Edited by panzerscope
7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Counter reset when the user clicks on the MARK SITE READ link

That's what I did.

18 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

Can we make it do the same for Mark Forum As Read" ?

No as this is NOT a forum resource. This is global. The counter has data from ALL apps, not only forums. Even if it was Forums only, I would have to "exclude" data from that specific forum.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.