Coinbase Commerce Gateway - Support Topic

It seems like with 4.5 it doesnt auto approve confirmed payments anymore.
They are just stuck in "waiting for customer to finalize checkout".

On coinbase commerce it also says "Remote server at *Website* returned an HTTP 500"

Edited by Cybr3x
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @OctoDev, I've bought this and now I'm trying to get a positive result with the test on Coinbase, but it keeps failing.

I'm using IPS 4.4, Australian Dollars as the currency, and using Cloudflare too.

I haven't had a complete transaction, as nobody has chosen cryptocurrency to pay with yet (I've installed this only yesterday).

However, I've gone as far as the prompt for paying, and so far, so good.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-3_39.14-am.jpg.5d5f3443036eff9010221a91ff969c61.jpg

If I choose a Bitcoin for example, it tells me the wallet address to copy and/or offers to scan the code. So, that's fine.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-4_04.jpg.07b727c3d91c887e7de13e581efe348c.jpg

My problem is getting an OK with the Coinbase Test.

Here are my settings on Coinbase:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-3_42.jpg.644688b8c37557cbd413be16ba29dd22.jpg

On Cloudflare I have made a rule like this:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-3_46.jpg.04909488262e984912fab85eef750a06.jpg

And I also did it like this just to test:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-3_47.jpg.dc1470cd1a06bf3c3807ba6e4853783c.jpg

It makes no difference.

I have also whitelisted Coinbase's IPs range. (Hopefully the correct one, as I've only found this on Google)

242394819_ScreenShot2020-12-20at3_48_50am.png.70ceef6d148e2490f415be9d45bbf887.png

But no matter what, I still get:

1525251358_ScreenShot2020-12-20at3_50_05am.png.5d4aa2a5420639f2c6a1d534de3bb7c7.png

Any idea of what it could be wrong?

I will also have to wait until someone pays to see what happens.

Maybe if it gets as far as this screen, it means that it's working, and it just cannot perform the test on Coinbase (Just wanting to be optimistic here) 😉

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-4_04.jpg.07b727c3d91c887e7de13e581efe348c.jpg

So, how does Coinbase know who the payment belongs to after the person sends BTC? Is it something which is part of the Bitcoin address?

Any help or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

7 hours ago, PPlanet said:

I will also have to wait until someone pays to see what happens.

Maybe if it gets as far as this screen, it means that it's working, and it just cannot perform the test on Coinbase (Just wanting to be optimistic here) 😉

@OctoDev, I'm happy to report that everything is working as intended. I received the first crypto payment overnight, and it approved itself.

It's just the test on the Coinbase Commerce site that cannot be performed for some reason. Which is fine if all the rest works. Cheers.

@OctoDev, I'm trying to get the plugin to work, and I have it installed:

image.png.35ec74de43f4b130b87cf8f3d0d91049.png

The issue is that the application doesn't seem to be installed correctly or something....

image.png.bc668b550d90806b9e1ef2a0fd68195f.png
example.com   -> takes me to my homepage
example.com/applications/   -> takes me to a blank page
example.com/applications/coinbasecommerce/   ->   takes me to this:

image.png.1f22624e2e2daa096761b5821aee30d7.png

Any idea on what I can do?

@Steven Tolle I think you have not mentioned @OctoDev correctly (so he maybe won't know you are asking him a question, though I guess he follows this topic regardless of whether he's mentioned or not).

I have the app and it's working correctly for me. However, I'm running IPS 4.4 and the respective version for this app. So, some things may vary for me.

From what I read in this same thread, you cannot access the callback url directly with your browser. For example, if I try to visit mine, all I get is: "Not a valid callback" (yet the app is working fine for me).

Now, since I don't have IPS 4.5 yet, I don't know if that "Custom" message that appears in the applications listing is normal or not. It doesn't look normal to me just at a guess, but maybe someone here running IPS 4.5 can confirm.

Have you tried uninstalling this app (coinbase commerce gateway) and install it again?

Edited by PPlanet
18 hours ago, PPlanet said:

@Steven Tolle I think you have not mentioned @OctoDev correctly (so he maybe won't know you are asking him a question, though I guess he follows this topic regardless of whether he's mentioned or not).

I have the app and it's working correctly for me. However, I'm running IPS 4.4 and the respective version for this app. So, some things may vary for me.

From what I read in this same thread, you cannot access the callback url directly with your browser. For example, if I try to visit mine, all I get is: "Not a valid callback" (yet the app is working fine for me).

Now, since I don't have IPS 4.5 yet, I don't know if that "Custom" message that appears in the applications listing is normal or not. It doesn't look normal to me just at a guess, but maybe someone here running IPS 4.5 can confirm.

Have you tried uninstalling this app (coinbase commerce gateway) and install it again?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Something I should have said in the original post I made is that when I try to do a test of the webhook subscription, it returns a 404 error:

image.png.b7619e210b095b6510a59d0f8ced8e39.png

16 hours ago, Steven Tolle said:

Something I should have said in the original post I made is that when I try to do a test of the webhook subscription, it returns a 404 error:

Yes, I wasn't able to a get a single positive result from that test at the Coinbase page. But my app works nonetheless.

Do you have a page where you have your subscriptions for members to buy?

If you do, why don't you try to buy one and see how far you get? You don't need to complete the transaction, you can cancel if you wish.

But if after selecting this method of payment when you buy a subscription, you'll see that from your site, you are redirected to the Coinbase Commerce one, to a page like this:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-20-at-3_39.14-am.jpg.5d5f3443036eff9010221a91ff969c61.jpg.c073884d40917adad233f679b9754bd8.jpg

If you get this far, maybe all is fine. However, if when you buy a subscription, you don't find this payment method or it does not redirect you to a page like this, then something is wrong.

Edited by PPlanet
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone got this app working on 4.5? I'm ready to upgrade from 4.4 but this app remains my only doubt as I have read comments from people experiencing problems. It works fine for me on 4.4 but I'd need it to keep working on 4.5.

I only have it installed on my live site, not on my dev one so I can't test it before upgrading.

So, does anyone know? @OctoDev?

2 hours ago, Primarius said:

I have IP version v4.5.4.2 installed and callback isnt working for me either.

Well, I updated my forum to 4.5.4.2 but I did not update this app, and the one that was already installed for 4.4 keeps working without problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 2:56 AM, OctoDev said:

If you have any questions regarding both features & installation, feel free to reply below. I'll get back to you ASAP 🙂

Hello - I need help urgently 🙂 My web devs sold me a "coinbase commerce add on" i don't know if it's yours or maybe there's more ? There's no way to set up a webhook subscription and payments are going through but my website is not updating. It's not a Cloudfare website.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, OptimusBain said:

I am interested in this payment method, but reading the support topic I see that the developer @OctoDevis not answering any of the questions and problems, so I guess I will not purchase it. I do not want to go into any trouble. Support is key, but I cannot see any kind of support.

The app works fine, it was disabled from the marketplace because someone thought i didn't update the description which I did.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone having issues with Cloudflare.

image.thumb.png.82ee54e6be3251cf7fd0729eb962f11b.png 

If this setting is on Challenge or Blocked, the webhook(also goes for the stripe webhook from IPB) will give you 403 error(simply said will not work).

Currently, you can not add Rules where you "whitelist" certain URLs from Super Bot Fight Mode.
Let's hope they will add it eventually.

PS: Disabling Security/WAF on specific URLs via Rules do not work. (at least for me)