Coinbase Commerce Gateway - Support Topic

8 hours ago, SCE_Ghost said:

aaa691ca858d0e40f6c714c90d888146.png
https://gyazo.com/aaa691ca858d0e40f6c714c90d888146|

I dont have this ^^ in CoinBase Commerce, I also do not use cloudfare, I have my domain whitelisted in the the coinbase settings. I added the subscription domain and gives a 404 error. However I do not want a subscription base for my sales.

It is not an actual "subscription" however it is a webhook subscription.

In order for your website to know that the payments went through, you need to put the webhook url as explained.

https://sitedomain.com/applications/coinbasecommerce/interface/gateway.php

My website: https://justgaming.io/applications/coinbasecommerce/interface/gateway.php

If this returns 404, then that is why it's not working.. please follow the instructions.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:47 AM, SCE_Ghost said:

Awesome. to so save confusion for others I would add in the install instructions the standard url path as you showed me, understanding others could be different but this one should work for most people.

Thank you for all the help!

0DdTxa

It literally says here, and has always been here.. However people tend to not read haha 😛 

21 hours ago, SCE_Ghost said:

I think since it says Webhook Subscription was my confusion anyway, I assumed it meant it would create a subscription to the purchase.

But yes you're correct it clearly shows what to add. My fault

Thank you for your help

Yeah, it's literally what Coinbase calls it. However I've added a bold, red & fat text. Hopefully everyone will understand it now hehe 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Did I get the following error message for overpayment?

"The merchant received the payment, but the amount it received was greater than requested. Contact the merchant using the following order code to continue:
W7MEBCAF"

The strange thing is that I have received the payment and it is reflected in my coinbase panel.

image.png.46f5551e2a468d326dac7bf313066495.png

image.png.4379b5015811be812f22342c9de4ca28.png

Due to this inconvenience, the user who made this payment could not receive the subscription.

Edited by Phil Këvin
  • 1 month later...

I report the same problem again. When the value of the bitcoin suddenly drops, it displays the following message "underpaid" from the Coinbase panel and when this happens the invoice is not marked as Paid. The money reaches my coinbase account, but the subscription is not delivered to the user.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:32 PM, Phil Këvin said:

I report the same problem again. When the value of the bitcoin suddenly drops, it displays the following message "underpaid" from the Coinbase panel and when this happens the invoice is not marked as Paid. The money reaches my coinbase account, but the subscription is not delivered to the user.

Does it work on 4.5 beta or should I wait until bugs are fixed and release of 4.5?

• 3 weeks later...

You upgraded and made it compatible and available for the marketplace in v4.5. But you couldn’t fix the problem in it. 
If the customer set his address to Sweden. And I turn off Sweden for payment to your Application,  the customer with address from Sweden is still able to pay with you application. Even if I only have 2 countries available to your application. Any customer from any country can pay with your application Coinbase. 
The setting choose countries in you Coinbase doesn’t work.

i can set available to only to USA but still customer in Sweden with shipping address in Sweden is able to pay with your application Coinbase.

i got an answer about it by PM from @OctoDev  this problem above. The developer say it’s Invision power problem that his application Coinbase doesn’t work.

That has nothing to do with us, but rather invision power. I have experienced exactly same issue on my forum.

Today, I shouldn’t buy this application. 

Edited by Diyhrt
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I'm getting errors like this and transactions aren't getting detected, I have version 1.05 of the application on IPB 4.4.

For this screenshot it's a status of PENDING, but I get an error as well for those with the status of COMPLETED.

spacer.png

The endpoint should be set up correctly and I added a page rule for cloudflare to disable security for the callback URL

spacer.png

Edited by tsincaat
On 8/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, tsincaat said:

Hey, I'm getting errors like this and transactions aren't getting detected, I have version 1.05 of the application on IPB 4.4.

For this screenshot it's a status of PENDING, but I get an error as well for those with the status of COMPLETED.

spacer.png

The endpoint should be set up correctly and I added a page rule for cloudflare to disable security for the callback URL

spacer.png

Hello, apologize for late response!

That is not an error, but rather debug email. The customer in question seems like he sent less than the paid amount, so it would not be marked as paid. 

On 8/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, OctoDev said:

Hello, apologize for late response!

That is not an error, but rather debug email. The customer in question seems like he sent less than the paid amount, so it would not be marked as paid. 

It's good to know that the transactions are working correctly, I can confirm that I had another transaction where the exact correct amount was sent and it worked fine. Thanks for the clarity on that.

But that then brings me to another point, recently Coinbase Commerce added the 'flexible payments' option where you can choose settings for whether to accept payments if they're under/over the exact amount requested.

A lot of our customers are new to bitcoin and so when they do pay there's a decent chance it won't be the exact amount whether it's wallet fees, or sending too much 'to be safe', etc. So this feature is a nice addition.

I was hoping that by using this threshold feature in Coinbase, the transactions would be accepted the same way by IPB if they are in those ranges. As you can see the threshold information also seems to be included in that POST data that's being sent back.

image.png.f5494571b72f36f39e7d421bd3676305.png

On 8/29/2020 at 5:26 PM, tsincaat said:

It's good to know that the transactions are working correctly, I can confirm that I had another transaction where the exact correct amount was sent and it worked fine. Thanks for the clarity on that.

But that then brings me to another point, recently Coinbase Commerce added the 'flexible payments' option where you can choose settings for whether to accept payments if they're under/over the exact amount requested.

A lot of our customers are new to bitcoin and so when they do pay there's a decent chance it won't be the exact amount whether it's wallet fees, or sending too much 'to be safe', etc. So this feature is a nice addition.

I was hoping that by using this threshold feature in Coinbase, the transactions would be accepted the same way by IPB if they are in those ranges. As you can see the threshold information also seems to be included in that POST data that's being sent back.

image.png.f5494571b72f36f39e7d421bd3676305.png

I will look into supporting that in the next version.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found that for some reason if a user checks out with a different currency like CAD, coinbase is much more likely to show the transaction as underpaid by something like 2 cents (even though it still shows it as completed/paid), and that results in a payment error on IPB and an admin having to manually add their purchase. Changing the default currency of my store to USD fixed this and now I only have to manually add transactions if the transaction was actually underpaid or overpaid.

Still hoping to see support for flexible payments in a future update.