Account Deactivation

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4.0 released.

A members invoices will now display when reviewing deactivation/deletion requests for approval,
mJqRgQ1.png

And a new page has been added to the AdminCP allowing you to easily review a list of reasons members have provided when they deleted/deactivated their accounts.

Version 1.5.0 is scheduled for next week with the following additions:
https://dev.taiga.sh/ips/account-deactivation/milestones/5

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

When I try to delete (from moderator control panel) more then one entry I got this error:

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.
Error: 2S119/1

Thanks! I've noted the bug and will get it fixed soon.

Hello Makoto. 

There seems to be an issue when trying to search a deactivate members IP address using the ModeratorCP IP Tools. 

Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on integer (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2261): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/IPTools.php(141): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_IPTools->manage()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

If you're unable to replicate this bug, let me know what information you need, I'll be happy to oblige. 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, Tripp★ said:

Hello Makoto. 

There seems to be an issue when trying to search a deactivate members IP address using the ModeratorCP IP Tools. 

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2261): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/IPTools.php(141): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_IPTools->manage()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

If you're unable to replicate this bug, let me know what information you need, I'll be happy to oblige. 

Hey @Tripp★,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing; however, I believe this was a bug that I have fixed in the current release of the application.

Can you please make sure you are running the latest version? If you are and you're still experiencing the issue, just send me a PM and I'll track down the cause of the bug.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:44 AM, InvisionHQ said:

When I try to delete (from moderator control panel) more then one entry I got this error:

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.
Error: 2S119/1

This should be fixed now. I've also added the ability to mass approve/reject account deactivation or deletion requests from the ModCP using the multimod tools (instead of just being able to delete them).

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I've run into another problem:

The "Process" Task is apparently locking up

image.thumb.png.8e8bd084a9f5229ae6c7e538b5651fa7.png

When I click to run the task there and then I get this error

Error: Class 'IPS\nexus\Subscription' not found (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/sources/Deactivation/Deactivation.php(922): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation->onDeactivation()
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/tasks/process.php(35): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation->processRequest(false, true)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\deactivation\tasks\_process->execute()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/ACP/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I don't have Nexus.

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 3:24 AM, Tripp★ said:

Unfortunately I've run into another problem:

The "Process" Task is apparently locking up

image.thumb.png.8e8bd084a9f5229ae6c7e538b5651fa7.png

When I click to run the task there and then I get this error

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/sources/Deactivation/Deactivation.php(922): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation->onDeactivation()
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/tasks/process.php(35): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation->processRequest(false, true)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\deactivation\tasks\_process->execute()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 {main}

I don't have Nexus.

@Makoto I am still having a problem with this, which I reported months ago. Although I appreciate that the information is sparse, which is why I will try to give you more information.

When I try to run the task Account Deactivation > process manually I get this error:

#8 {main}

Because otherwise it says it's never run, and nothing seems to get processed anymore. I'm not sure what's going on, it says something about IPS\nexus\Subscription, however I don't have Nexus. I do however have @TheJackal84's Members Shop that deals with "Subscriptions" (IE. Premium Members) If I understand this correctly. Could there be some kind of conflict between the two modifications?

• 4 weeks later...

@Makoto, one very minor issue. There is an issue with the text formatting for the Deactivation Request link in the moderator control panel. The font awesome font (I think?) appears to be applied to the entire Deactivation Request string, causing it to look odd and out of place when the standard site font is different.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 2:09 PM, Makoto said:

Hey @Tripp★,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing; however, I believe this was a bug that I have fixed in the current release of the application.

Can you please make sure you are running the latest version? If you are and you're still experiencing the issue, just send me a PM and I'll track down the cause of the bug.

This bug seems to have returned, or at least I've noticed it again. I'm running version: 1.4.3

#0 /home/site/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2266): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/site/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1808): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/site/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->ip()
#3 /home/site/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/site/public_html/ACP/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}
#0 /home/site/public_html/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

If you need more information or access, please let me know. This seems to do it from the ACP as well.

I'm running IPS 4.4.10. But it only seems to do it for accounts that have been deactivated before, it otherwise works absolutely fine on an account that's either not currently deactivated or has never been deactivated. Hopefully that will help you to reproduce the problem @Makoto

Edited by Tripp★
  • 2 months later...

@Makoto:

We are seeing process errors as well since enabling account deletion. We did not see this when we only enabled deactivation.

Locked Task: process

One of the routine maintenance tasks which run in the background has failed several times, which may indicate a configuration issue.

• Application/Plugin
    Account Deactivation
  • Task
    process
  • Last Run
    9 hours ago

You should check the logs for any indication of the issue or attempt to run it manually. If the task does not run successfully you should contact the author of the application/plugin for further assistance.

There's nothing logged when pressing the view logs button.

Best,
Paul

• 2 weeks later...

@Makoto, sent you a PM a bit ago. This still is ongoing, with the task locking.

Digging further, we see this in our system logs:

The log entry was triggered by a guest
Guests
1 hour ago
The URL of page the error occurred on was Not available
RuntimeException::0

LOCATION_UNKNOWN

#0 /path/to/html/root/system/Member/Member.php(154): IPS\_Session::i()
#1 /path/to/html/root/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(64): IPS\_Member::loggedIn()
#2 /path/to/html/root/system/DateTime/DateTime.php(537): IPS\linkedaccounts_hook_la_getAccounts::loggedIn()
#3 /path/to/html/root/system/DateTime/DateTime.php(501): IPS\_DateTime::determineLanguage(NULL)
#4 /path/to/html/root/applications/deactivation/sources/Deactivation/Deactivation.php(899): IPS\_DateTime->format('Y-m-d H:i:s')
#5 /path/to/html/root/applications/deactivation/tasks/process.php(35): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation->processRequest(false, true)
#6 /path/to/html/root/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\deactivation\tasks\_process->execute()
#7 /path/to/html/root/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /path/to/html/root/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(56): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#9 {main}

Linked Accounts, as seen in the trace, is:

There is also an issue with the way fonts are applied in the templates for the ModCP. The "Deletion Request" or "Deactivation Request" link is styled as font-awesome, which looks odd. My guess is that the icon you use should be the only part styled as font-awesome, yet the entire string is. Minor visual issue, but an issue nonetheless.

@Paul E. This looks like it may be an issue with Linked Accounts rather than Account Deactivation, but I can take a look at it if you'd like. I'll just need you to shoot me a PM with a temporary AdminCP account. It might be worth contacting Adriano as well and see if he can look into the error in question.

8 hours ago, Makoto said:

@Paul E. This looks like it may be an issue with Linked Accounts rather than Account Deactivation, but I can take a look at it if you'd like. I'll just need you to shoot me a PM with a temporary AdminCP account. It might be worth contacting Adriano as well and see if he can look into the error in question.

So, @Makoto, if I'm understanding correctly, you think the process is locking for Account Deactivation because of an issue with Linked Accounts?

17 hours ago, Paul E. said:

So, @Makoto, if I'm understanding correctly, you think the process is locking for Account Deactivation because of an issue with Linked Accounts?

I believe so. The LOCATION_UNKNOWN error means IPS can't determine where the current session location is, which Account Deactivation should not ever alter this data.

Can you try disabling linked accounts temporarily, then run the task manually and see if the error persists?