Account Deactivation

15 hours ago, David.. said:

To anyone who uses this app; is it possible to staff approve deletion requests from certain groups, and just allow other groups to delete without staff approval?

There is currently no setting to allow specific user groups to bypass the administrator approval requirement, but this is a feature I can look into adding for you!

10 hours ago, Makoto said:

There is currently no setting to allow specific user groups to bypass the administrator approval requirement, but this is a feature I can look into adding for you!

I think that would be a nice addition. Because for normal user accounts, deletion is fine. But for ranked users, I'd like to know more before deleting, if that makes sense.

But, I have to say I'm more interested on the Radical Tags suggestion I made as I have not yet purchased Account Deletion app. 🙂

Edited by David..
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm confused about where a user goes to deactivate/delete an account. Do they access it through their own profile account? Do I need to create a link to a specific page? Also, I don't see any alerts for the 3 requests I received over the past year and I totally missed them. Do I have to manually check for requests? Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I'm confused about where a user goes to deactivate/delete an account. Do they access it through their own profile account? Do I need to create a link to a specific page? Also, I don't see any alerts for the 3 requests I received over the past year and I totally missed them. Do I have to manually check for requests? Thanks!

Hey Vegan Gaymer!

Users with permission to submit account deactivation or deletion requests will be able to do so under the "Account Settings" page underneath the user menu.

Screenshot_20211016-125600764.thumb.png.5e0935b49ae2003b8f6efee08468d5b4.png

You can opt into receiving notifications for pending requests on the notification settings page as well, that was you won't have to worry about missing any!

On 9/22/2021 at 2:17 AM, ahc said:

Not sure if anyone else has reported this issue, but there's a weird glitch I think where the person requesting the account deletion and the person who validates it via email show as two different people/accounts? 

72c08a239a9090e7b0b6a0f8b295c13d.png

Has this happened again by chance? If it's a reoccurring issue I'll be happy to look into it!

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, Makoto said:

Has this happened again by chance? If it's a reoccurring issue I'll be happy to look into it!

Yes, it happens every few requests or so. It either shows a random member or it doesn't show anyone at all and says "System"

• 4 months later...

Oi!@Makoto

Instalei este aplicativo ontem e encontrei dois problemas fáceis de resolver!

O link "Desativar minha conta" foi quebrado no meu fórum

Eu resolvi adicionando-o em URLs amigáveis no AdminCP

URL amigável -> https://eletronicabr.com/settings/deactivate/
URL real -> https://eletronicabr.com/index.php?app=deactivation&module=request

Não consegui traduzir dois itens na página de reativação da conta 👇

image.jpeg.5fc49b5261ed9757a5c836c743d0f31a.jpeg

Sugestão de implementação

Seria bom deixar os templates de email com Multilingual

Edited by DSystem

I'm not sure how that furl went missing on your install, I'll definitely make sure it didn't get missed in the build on the marketplace!

I'll also make those strings translatable, though are you just the "Sign Out" string isn't just the default IPS "Sign Out" string?

I'll need to review to be sure, but I'll get back to you shortly!

In cancel.phtml and reactive.phtml models, translation variables are missing

<p class='ipsType_normal'>
        <a href='{$reactUrl}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall'>{lang="deactivation_reactivate_button"}</a>
		<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=login&do=logout" seoTemplate="logout" csrf="true"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall'>Sign Out</a>
    </p>

Thank you for confirming @DSystem!

I've addressed the language string issue now, though I'm having trouble reproducing the error with the fURL link not working.

Can you verify which version of IPS you are running? Does the issue persist even with other third-party applications and plugins disabled?

Lastly, what kind of server environment is this? Nginx, Apache?

Edited by Makoto
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still getting this weird error when attempting to look up an IP address by a Username (Say using IPS's Mod Tools) when that IP address is associated with a deactivated account:

Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on int (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2352): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/IPTools.php(141): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(114): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_IPTools->manage()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

@Makoto I've also discovered another issue. 

If you've set something in the settings to require everyone to re-read the Terms of Service/Rules of your site, and they're deactivated, when they come back to the site to reactivate their account they will be stuck in an infinite loop of redirects. 

• User needs to accept the new rules before they can access the site.
  • User needs to reactivate their account before they can accept the new rules.
  • User needs to accept the new rules before they can reactivate their account.
  • And so on...

Basically it just dies on them with an error saying "TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".

3 minutes ago, Makoto said:

@Tripp★ can you make sure you're running the latest version of the application? I remember this being an issue but I thought it was addressed in a previous release. Something may have changed, however, which will require some additional updates.

Thank you for the quick response! I am running IPS 4.7.0 and the application is 1.6.2. 

• 9 months later...

@Makoto Is there any progress to this update? I ask because I am getting a similar problem now when trying to download PII data from my site, with this application. It also seems to revolve around IP addresses, and again, only seems to affect accounts that used to be deactivated (IE: They have a record in the Deactivation Request's area)

Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on int (0)
#0 /home/SITENAME/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2371): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/SITENAME/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/MemberExportPersonalInformation/Main.php(69): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/SITENAME/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(6277): IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberExportPersonalInformation\_Main->getData(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/SITENAME/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(770): IPS\_Member->getPiiData()
#4 /home/SITENAME/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->downloadPiiData()
#5 /home/SITENAME/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(49): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/SITENAME/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#7 /home/SITENAME/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

As soon as the record is removed from ModCP -> Deactivation Requests, it works absolutely fine. 

I'll be pushing an update this week to address this. I currently need to evaluate the best way to proceed with the application as well, with the implementation of IPS' own account deletion feature.

I believe this application still provides some valuable features missing from the core implementation, so I'll try to continue supporting it until that is no longer the case.

• 2 weeks later...

This update took a bit longer than I anticipated, as I forgot there's a lot of code that needed to be updated to meet the new marketplace policies before an update can be pushed through, but hopefully the new version should be added shortly.

The new version will work as a drop-in replacement for the current Account Deletion feature in IPS. All the logic for this will be re-routed to the Account Deactivation application, and a new button in the Security page will be added for standard account deactivation as well.

All legacy URL's to the old account deactivation pages will still function, however, just in-case you have these linked anywhere else within your community.

This release will just focus on bug fixes and updating to ensure compatibility. I'm planning to still add some feature updates in a future release, such as adding the ability to either restrict or require moderator approval before users with active warnings can request to have their accounts deleted.

This way users can't simply delete and re-register an account any time they get in trouble to mitigate any penalties they have received.

I might also add an option to simply add the users e-mail to the sites banlist if they request an account deletion with active penalties.

Edited by Makoto