Account Deactivation

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Hey @breatheheavy!

Thank you for the report and sorry for the inconvenience! I'll look into this for you today and let you know as soon as I have more information.

If I'm able to reproduce the bug I'll have a fix ready by the end of today, but it may take a few days for IPS to review and approve the marketplace update.

Appreciate the kind words and quick response! 

Looking forward to the update. 

Due to a lack of proper communication from the IPS team on a change in standards, the most recent update including the above mentioned bug fix has been delayed and will probably not be live until at least the end of the week.

I apologize for the delay and will work to ensure this does not happen again going forward.

Edited by Makoto
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently purchased as I liked the options that were offered.  Specifically offering deactivation or delete.  However, the other delete apps give the Admin the option of what to do with member content.  I can't find that in this app.  Our Terms define that the site owns posted public content, so we anonymize that content with guest_(username).  Personal info, PM's. etc. are deleted.  Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Second, a suggestion that would be most helpful....

There is a "Reasons" log, should the member choose to provide a reason.  Yet, there is no activity log created on the member account or any administrative notification whatsoever to show the action the member has taken.  Short of creating an isolated usergroup, could the Reason log be expanded to include all activity?  Deactivation, Reactivate, Deletion Pending. Deletion Cancelled, Account Deleted, etc..  ??

Would provide a most needed audit trail.

Looking forward to an answer regarding content, and thank you for considering my enhancement request!

• 2 months later...

Feature Request: The ability for admins to manually deactivate someone's account via a setting in the ACP.

Sometimes people request account deletion and we deny it for legal reasons (Usually involved with DMCA), so we'd like to just deactivate it instead since 9 times out of 10, the member never comes back to do it themselves.

Improvement Request: The ability to provide a reason when we reject someone's account deletion request. I thought this was already possible, but it seems it was my mistake as I can't find anywhere to do so when rejecting someone.  It would be beneficial for them to know specifically why we can't.

Edited by ahc

I've noticed a problem if you try to merge to accounts together where one of them was at some point or currently is deactivated:

UPDATE `deactivation_members` deactivation_members  SET `0`='member_id=5847',`1`=8305 WHERE member_id=? 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column '0' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1161): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*SITE_DATABASENAME...', Array)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/sources/Deactivation/Deactivation.php(459): IPS\_Db->update('`deactivation_m...', '`0`=?,`1`=?', 'WHERE member_id...')
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/deactivation/extensions/core/MemberSync/MemberSync.php(28): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation::memberSyncMerge(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3992): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\MemberSync\_MemberSync->onMerge(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(4026): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onMerge', Array)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(90): IPS\_Member->merge(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2652): IPS\hook4599->merge(Object(IPS\Member))
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->merge()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/SITE/public_html/ACP/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

With:

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(995): IPS\_Log::log('UPDATE `deactiv...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\Db\Exception))
#2 {main}

The account will be then looped when they try to access it to "site.tld/register/?do=validating" where they will be told:

Sorry, there is a problem 
Your account does not require validation 
Sorry, there is a problem

If I try to do the same thing again on another account with this application disabled, it works fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Makoto, for reasons unknown, when clicking the Ban button in ACP for a member, we get the following:

Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on int (0)
#0 /path/to/ips/system/Member/Member.php(2398): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /path/to/ips/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2757): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /path/to/ips/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->ban()
#3 /path/to/ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /path/to/ips/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

• 1 month later...

@Makoto

I just purchased your Account Deactivation application, but it doen't work as expected:

• The mail "Your account has been reactivated" is empty
  • The mail "Your account deactivation request has been completed" is empty
  • When a member click on "Deactivate my account" button in email, he is redirected to the homepage without any message like deletion, the notification disappears very quickly. Then, he receives a empty confirmation email.
  • When a member click on "Delete my account" button in email, he is redirected to the homepage with a notification message which leaves much too quickly. The member does not have time to see it. Then, he doesn't receive an email which confirm account deletion.

Can you fix it?

Thanks!

Invision Community v4.5.4.2
No errors in System Logs/Error lgos
Use french translation

image.thumb.png.a1974739b596ffb7c00bb80ec736cded.png

image.thumb.png.5014ad604df8f84526864300a539a2ef.png

image.thumb.png.9f0670be859131f6d5870fe30dbbc6fa.png

image.thumb.png.49644ee3384410bd1184a47249d9cb35.png

Edited by DreamOn
Add screenshots
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @Makoto, firstly I wanted to thank you for fixing the merged members bug in a very timely fashion. That seems to have done the trick and things are working on that end now. Unfortunately I need to report a return of an old bug that I first reported to you via Discord many moons ago.

There seems to be a problem when viewing the IP Address History of a deactivated member. Either on the ModCP end, or in the AdminCP. When you try to do so, the system log records the following error and the page doesn't display: 

Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on int (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(2398): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Requests->findByMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2081): IPS\_Member->ipAddresses()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->ip()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/ACP/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(995): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

This isn't a major issue, but a fix would be appreciated, as always.

Kind regards, take care and stay safe.

• 1 month later...

We have purchased this plugin. In testing, how this plugin works, when I deleted my "TestUser99" account, it successfully delete the user. However, it did not delete my posts. Instead, my username seems to appear as "Guest TestUser99". So is there any option in this plugin to delete all the posts, comments, reaction etc. along with the user. Please help us in this issue.

• 5 weeks later...

An issue to look into with IPS 4.6.x, I know this isn't officially compatible but I thought I'd report it nonetheless.

If you have push notifications enabled, it doesn't seem to like it. I get:

Your community could not be found in our directory. Please contact technical support for assistance.

With a stack trace of:

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Notification/Notification.php(901): IPS\_Notification->sendPushNotifications(Array)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\_Notification->send()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Message.php(197): IPS\deactivation_hook_blockNotifications->send()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Comment.php(230): IPS\core\Messenger\_Message->sendNotifications()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Message.php(150): IPS\Content\_Comment::create(Object(IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation), '<p>\n\tLila gaspe...', false, NULL, NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(4776): IPS\core\Messenger\_Message::create(Object(IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation), '<p>\n\tLila gaspe...', false, NULL, NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(4575): IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm(Array)
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(414): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_messaging->conversation(Object(IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation), Array)
#9 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(431): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('conversation', Array)
#10 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->manage()
#11 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(71): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->execute()
#14 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

I mention it here because of line 3 (#2) with the deactivation hook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Makoto, I noticed in the description for the application, it does say it's 4.6 compatible, but in the side bar it still says 4.5. Would love your thoughts! I am gearing up for my own 4.6 upgrade soon :] Thanks 

1 hour ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey @Makoto, I noticed in the description for the application, it does say it's 4.6 compatible, but in the side bar it still says 4.5. Would love your thoughts! I am gearing up for my own 4.6 upgrade soon :] Thanks 

Hey @breatheheavy!

The 4.6 compatible version is currently just pending review/approval by IPS, it should be officially available sometime soon!