Account Deactivation

11 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Hey @Paul E.,

Can you download and upgrade to the latest release and see if this resolves the errors you are experiencing?

Thanks for your patience throughout this investigation!

Thanks, @Makoto. I've updated and will report back. The slight display errors still appear, yet will keep an eye on task locking:

fontissue.png.bfe239b531d99d92a20d2116f09a50d9.png

Looking at the element, the words "Deletion Request" are tagged as font awesome, which causes the odd display of a serif font.

image.png.d8d6795c755cf0b92333aa43962f0627.png

image.png.5aa2d808a3c3baa64e9629e585e8e057.png

Thank you for making this! @Makoto I just purchased it.

I love that there's either a deletion request OR a deactivate request where they can re-activate later.

I get members from time to time coming back from the past asking for their accounts to be re-instated. Now they can do it themselves. 

Question: when they ask for their account to be deleted, and they wait passed the grace period, what happens to their posts? Are they deleted? Or do they still appear but as 'Guest?' 

Edited by Jordan Miller
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CB_Pam said:

Is it possible to set this so only administrators can approve requests?

You can absolutely do this, yep! Just need to set up moderator permissions so only members in the administrator group have access.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have one quick question about this.  What happens when someone does delete their account?  It looks like their posts remain, but is their username replaced with "Guest" on the forum, allowing them to essentially "anonymize" the username attached with the post?

Hey @Makoto!

Quick question before I purchase this.  Is there a way to disable the delete option and only display the deactivate option for a member if they've received warnings?  We keep all of our accounts with warnings for a minimum of 12 months in case legal action is taken against the user.  (We deal with a lot of intellectual property infringement.)  I know we can decline the deletion request, but it would avoid the argument of "well why did you give me the option if I can't use it."

17 hours ago, ahc said:

Hey @Makoto!

Quick question before I purchase this.  Is there a way to disable the delete option and only display the deactivate option for a member if they've received warnings?  We keep all of our accounts with warnings for a minimum of 12 months in case legal action is taken against the user.  (We deal with a lot of intellectual property infringement.)  I know we can decline the deletion request, but it would avoid the argument of "well why did you give me the option if I can't use it."

Unfortunately there is not. As an alternative option you could move the user into a custom group that does not have permission to submit deletion requests after they've been warned, but there's no way to programmatically disable deletion requests if a user has warnings at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Welp, this showed up in the Marketplace tonight. And, in spite of the assurances of code reviews by IPS after removing the ability to download 4.5 Marketplace offerings in the "interest of security, stability and customer confidence and support," the resource appears to be broken and displays this error upon attempting to upgrade.

1S111/1 All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL; if you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead

Would love to inspect the code and see what's going on, yet here we are. If I had to guess, there's a SQL structure change adding a primary key that includes a column with null values.

4 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Welp, this showed up in the Marketplace tonight. And, in spite of the assurances of code reviews by IPS after removing the ability to download 4.5 Marketplace offerings in the "interest of security, stability and customer confidence and support," the resource appears to be broken and displays this error upon attempting to upgrade.

1S111/1 All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL; if you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead

Would love to inspect the code and see what's going on, yet here we are. If I had to guess, there's a SQL structure change adding a primary key that includes a column with null values.

Did it abort the upgrade and leave you on the previous version? This was not replicatable on a development environment but I did encounter a bug with the scheme generator in 4.5 that likely caused this to happen on your specific environment.

Let me see if I can push a quick hotfix, though it will need to be reviewed and approved as well.

I can confirm this is a bug, the schema generator is incorrectly displaying that these columns are NOT NULL when they are created as nullable in the upgrade routines.

image.thumb.png.aae8bbf2b737f56d92bb972c33e94e65.png

image.png.d8a8624c63adf22db62d47f4f8b7d288.png

This will only happen on newer versions of MySQL but I'll be pushing a fix for it now.

Thanks, @Makoto. The updated 1.5.2 resource installed successfully. I can't test it yet but will report back once I can.

The behavior last time seemed to be that the upgrade did not proceed. It still had 1.4.4 listed as the version in ACP, though no idea what it really did in the background and if the hooks were replaced or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. @Makoto I tried to merge two member accounts, but received this error:

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

UPDATE `deactivation_members` deactivation_members SET `0`='member_id=122400',`1`=133205 WHERE member_id=? 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column '0' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/system/Db/Db.php(1161): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*Appétit_invi...', Array)
#1 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/applications/deactivation/sources/Deactivation/Deactivation.php(459): IPS\_Db->update('`deactivation_m...', '`0`=?,`1`=?', 'WHERE member_id...')
#2 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/applications/deactivation/extensions/core/MemberSync/MemberSync.php(28): IPS\deactivation\_Deactivation::memberSyncMerge(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/system/Member/Member.php(3992): IPS\deactivation\extensions\core\MemberSync\_MemberSync->onMerge(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/system/Member/Member.php(4026): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onMerge', Array)
#5 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2652): IPS\_Member->merge(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->merge()
#7 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/Appétit/public_html/exhale/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I recently upgraded to 4.5 and have the latest version of the app. What should I do? Thanks!