Why no upgrade to 4.4 option in ACP?

SJ77

6 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

normally I get notified, I am not seeing anything.

They save the special clients like you and me for last 😀.  

My personal guess - and this is really a wild guess - is that IPS must be measuring us on something like number of support tickets, third party mods, or hosting configuration.  That way they can delay the the roll out to the more complicated clients 

Just now, Joel R said:

They save the special clients like you and me for last 😀.  

That's a nice positive spin! I like it.

I am sure it's probably because they don't want to get hit with millions of support requests all at once. I like the ACP way of doing things, so I will just wait for that.

10 minutes ago, Joel R said:

My personal guess - and this is really a wild guess - is that IPS must be measuring us on something like number of support tickets, third party mods, or hosting configuration.  That way they can delay the the roll out to the more complicated clients 

Oh wait I see, so some folks have it in the ACP and we don't.  Hummm... they made two buckets. "easy and problem"... we landed in the problem bucket.

I pay for the upgraded support, wish that would put me at the front of the line instead of the back. Oh well.

26 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Users on Community In The Cloud will see the upgrade option in the AdminCP first, however all clients can manually download the release from their client area. We don't segregate our clients on our end by other factors, such as "difficulty level" 😛 lol

@SJ77 is a Level 10 SuperBoss.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the notification on the front page, but when I go through "Support" > "Something is wrong" I get the messages: "You are not running the latest version" and the button "Update". When I click on "Update" I get the error "1C287/4 You are already running the latest version.".
I don't have easy access to copying files to the server other than one-by-one file upload through FTP and that is slow and the result is not always trustworthy. So I would prefer to use the "onsite" update process.

1 hour ago, Maya Andersen said:

I don't have easy access to copying files to the server other than one-by-one file upload through FTP and that is slow and the result is not always trustworthy.

Why not upload a zip file then in cPanel 'unzip' it and it will overwrite all the current files (have to select that option first though), saves uploading one file at a time

We released a patch for 4.3.x, and if you are in 4.3.x presently then this patch notification sort of "blocks" the 4.4 update notification.

When we remove the security update banner (planned for today), the ability to update to 4.4 through the AdminCP should be restored properly.

12 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Why not upload a zip file then in cPanel 'unzip' it and it will overwrite all the current files (have to select that option first though), saves uploading one file at a time

Because I have a bad host without cPanel. I have simple FTP access. That is it 😉 

But after looking around for more potential answer here in the forum, it was suddenly released to me. So I was just a subject to a roll out 🙂

2 minutes ago, bfarber said:

We released a patch for 4.3.x, and if you are in 4.3.x presently then this patch notification sort of "blocks" the 4.4 update notification.

When we remove the security update banner (planned for today), the ability to update to 4.4 through the AdminCP should be restored properly.

Yes. I guess you just did that. Thank you for setting me free ❤️

Archived