Quick registration form and custom fields

beats23

19 hours ago, Jennifer M said:

I would recommend to use our Profile completion setup. You can force a user to complete their profile when they complete their registration or you can turn off quick registration and any field that you have setup in the Profile to be shown on Registration will again.

Hi Jennifer, the reason for this is my site has an avatar and a cover photo generator which attaches a random facial avatar and cover photo to each user at sign up. 

A Gender custom field is set up on my signup page and is mandatory for the Avatar generator to issue gender specific avatars for the user's gender choice at signing up.

The avatar generator only activates at signing up and not later in profile completion. plus the easy signup is more modern and faster.

Please add this mini-feature in next update.

Thanks 

Edited by beats23

It's not that the full form is not recommended, it's that it's not the simplest approach for most communities.

For your use case, use the full form, control what fields you want on that form, and use profile completion for the rest. 

IPS wouldn't give you an option to control what forms show if a method was NOT recommended. 

That said, however your avatar generator works, it can be modified, if it was made right, to look for a change to the gender field at any point, registration or profile completion. 

This is a case of "you're holding it wrong". 

My Requested Idea was very straight forward and not a complex one which needs a debate. 

I basically would prefer to use the quick registration form over the full form which has to reload. It's recommended as in faster and more modern looking, better in my eyes over the full form. 

So I ask IPS to add a feature in later updates to include custom fields on the quick registration form.

That's all.

Thanks 

• 2 years later...

I agree. We have a similar issue. Why have a system fixed quick registration form? We really need the new member to fill in one (1) more mandatory field (their LinkedIn URL) for our business model to work. But we still want to use the quick reg. process not to loose in conversion rate.

What solution did you go for?