Use Like system for short response

kmk

Sometime we ask for if good idea changing traditional topic thread to level of replies under replies, like Facebook, some guys yes and anothers no, but I thing the change should come from our needs. This time I use topic mode to discuss many projects in my forums, and I really feel the traditional threat topic can be improved a little more. 

I n my case I ask for editor feature added in like system, so not only show an icon, can be added a short message that is a reply of what reply reading... But the characters length shoul be limited for short message purpose. 

Why? Because not all replies are maked for the first post, many times we are giving a reply for other reply, and maybe shortly some like," I like your point, but in this moment we don't have resources to achieve it". 

In the mentioned example reply, if use the traditional reply, it will be generated a new card of message, and the card message contain again user title, signature etc... Finally we have a topic maybe not so much replies, but so long topic, and we have to scroll many times our thumb... :huh:

So if user only want to react with a short message for a reply post, he don't need reply again and avoiding use of quote that generate many repeated content, and reduce creating a so long topic view. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, kmk said:

Sometime we ask for if good idea changing traditional topic thread to level of replies under replies, like Facebook, some guys yes and anothers no, but I thing the change should come from our needs. This time I use topic mode to discuss many projects in my forums, and I really feel the traditional threat topic can be improved a little more. 

I n my case I ask for editor feature added in like system, so not only show an icon, can be added a short message that is a reply of what reply reading... But the characters length shoul be limited for short message purpose. 

Why? Because not all replies are maked for the first post, many times we are giving a reply for other reply, and maybe shortly some like," I like your point, but in this moment we don't have resources to achieve it". 

In the mentioned example reply, if use the traditional reply, it will be generated a new card of message, and the card message contain again user title, signature etc... Finally we have a topic maybe not so much replies, but so long topic, and we have to scroll many times our thumb... :huh:

So if user only want to react with a short message for a reply post, he don't need reply again and avoiding use of quote that generate many repeated content, and reduce creating a so long topic view. 

Interesting scenario.  

Have you seen "Saved actions"? I think this might help you.  See ACP > Forums > Saved actions.  

You write saved messages.  Can use over and over again.  

4 hours ago, Joel R said:

When view topic, click on "Moderation Action" 😀

Thank you, I am learning more...this feature likely only for the admin owner? when I use admin account, not the admin owner account, there not show, only work for the admin owner...or is a bug?

I mean should be logical, set which group or which member use each saved actions.

9 hours ago, kmk said:

Thank you, I am learning more...this feature likely only for the admin owner? when I use admin account, not the admin owner account, there not show, only work for the admin owner...or is a bug?

I mean should be logical, set which group or which member use each saved actions.

Saved Actions are for moderation functions currently so these would only be available to moderators.

43 minutes ago, Jennifer M said:

@kmk In the Moderators section you'll need to make sure you have the ability to use Saved Actions. Specifically on this page here:

image.png

Once you give yourself access to the "Can use saved actions?" then you will see them on the front end under Moderator actions.

image.png

Thanks, now I know... 🙂

Archived